Chapter-36

Avni was shocked with the way things were going between her and Vikrant. The one who was the reason for turning her life upside down, whom she thought she hated the most suddenly  became the reason for her raising heartbeat and indescribable feeling. She was so confused, why her body stop listening to her and started getting weak in front of him. His one deep gaze was enough to create a turmoil in her heart. Today too at the boutique how she reacted, it was so not her. Since she knew herself she never felt like what she felt with him today. The way her body was responding to his touch...it was so knew to her. It's not that it was the first time some man got this close to her. She had a good share of hugs with Ayush who was even her fiance but still she never came across such feelings and emotions and that's what bothering her the most. For the first time in her life she really felt like a girl....

She was getting affected by him in every manner possible and for her it was not right. So she decided to avoid him as much as she can to comfort her stubborn heart which was giving her tough time. She avoided any interaction with him after changing her dress, even at the restaurant she kept herself busy with her family. She didn't even once looked at him and as soon as they came back home, she excused herself from them and hurriedly got inside her mother's room and started arranging the things to keep herself occupied but Bulbul failed all her attempts and forcefully took her out with them.

While having the ice cream she was struggling with her newfound emotions when once again Bulbul started asking her about the stupid ice cream competition and when Sam told Bulbul about Vikrant's victory and she asked about the prize, spoon dropped from Avni's hand hearing her.

Prize.... She thought and as she remember about it, she bit her lower lip in nervousness.

Her body heated up with just thinking about Vikrant kissing her. That mere imagination made her restless. She gulped down getting uneasy. She didn't want Bulbul to know about the prize so she immediately scolded her and tried to change the topic but Bulbul being stubborn, she kept reciting with Sam.

"We want justice... We want justice..."

Avni was feeling so awkward in front of him. She was not able to face him. She felt because of Bulbul's childishly behavior Vikrant will once again tease her. She had given him yet another chance to bother her. She looked at  Bulbul furiously and gestured her to stop immediately but her breath hitched and eyes widened when she felt his lips touching her cheek.

"Ah-h....."she gasped. Her mind went blank but her body felt sensation with lots of butterflies making her stomach twitching inside. She was not in position to understand if it was really happening or she was once again hallucinationating.
The warmth of his lips on her skin... That tender touch, she was out of breath....

"Huhhh.... Jiju....." Bulbul was ashtonished too witnessing  that. Seeing her reaction Vikrant just smiled and after taking a last glance of Avni he pulled back.

As he moved away she finally got her breath back but she was still in some kind of trance.

He....he just kissed me!!..... Avni said to herself . She was still in denial if that really happened.

"Yey.... Papa got his prize...." Suddenly Sam exclaimed while clapping.

"So this was the prize!!!.." Bulbul asked while smiling with surprised eyes and Vikrant couldn't refrain himself from showing his amusement.

"So, both of you happy now, humm? I got my prize...shall we leave now?" He asked while trying to compose himself. He himself was shocked how did he got this bold in front of them.

"Sure jiju...." Bulbul replied while looking at Avni's face and giggled.

-----------------------------------------------------------