Chapter-34

"Shhh.... Just hug me back..." She slowly whispered and hid her face in his rocked chest. The way she suddenly hugged him it was so unexpected.

It felt like a dream.... She herself getting this close to him. He was shocked. A big smile erupted on his face making every cell of his body to ignite with pure joy. Whatever was happening he wanted to capture this moment for life. So keeping all the thought aside he instantly embraced her in his arms like she was the most precious thing that he finally found.

He closed his eyes and started feeling her  closeness. His heartbeat was mingling with her like a melody. He placed one of his hands on her soft tresses and started caressing them. Her scent was like a intoxication for him and he wanted to get drown in it . Having her in his arms....This feeling was indescribable. He felt peace, like he never felt before.

He was about to completely carried away with the moment when suddenly a sound broke that moment.

"Ahhmmm..... Avni....." Her mother called while looking down while smiling . She was standing at the door which was open and from there she witnessed their romantic moment.

"Huhh.... Oh ma...." Avni gasped and immediately stepped away from him. Vikrant too got conscious seeing her.

"I am really sorry Avni. I shouldn't have disturbed you but you forgot your phone in my room. I thought if you need it..... Sorry again...." She said with hesitation.

"It's ok Ma... But why are you standing there... Please come in... "She said smiling and went towards her.

"No... It's quite late... Here is your phone.." She said and after handing over her phone she immediately left from there.

As soon as she was gone Avni took a deep breath.

"Thank God.... She didn't doubt us..... "She thought and closed the door. As she came inside he saw Vikrant looking at her with a grin.

"Sorry.....sorry Vikrant......" She apologized and immediately looked down.

"Sorry for what?" He asked in confusion.

"For the hug....." She said getting nervous and started making the bed.

"Avni!! " He called her as he was surprised at her sudden changed behaviour.

"You forgot to close the door. Ma was standing there. She was suspicious about us . She had asked me if I am happy with you.I have to do that to clear all her doubts about us. She has already suffered much. I don't want her to know the truth of our marriage..... You too act like this in front of Dadi. The same goes for my mother. We will pretend to be a happy couple in front of them...." She explained while still avoiding any eye contact with him and once again made the wall of cushions in between the bed.

He was stunned listening this. Here, he was thinking that maybe she had a change of heart. Maybe she had decided to give him a chance but it was all an act just for her mother. He felt hurt for a second but within the next moment, as he looked at her nervous face he smiled slightly. He composed himself and came closer to her and instantly held her hand.

"Humm..so you were acting huh?" He asked and pulled her closer and she gasped.

"Yes..... But I just apologized..." She replied in shaking voice.

"This is not right Angel. You want me to stay away from you but you are doing everything that is compelling me to break my promise.... First, looking this beautiful  and now this hug.......I ain't a saint, Angel....I do get effected by your actions" He whispered in her ear in such manner that it gave her goosebumps all over her body.

"I..... Didn't do anything .... Dadi wanted me to dress like this.... And I already told you the reason behind the hug.... Don't presume anything wrong ok....." She replied while breathing heavily. She didn't know why but her confidence was biding her goodbye and she was getting weak in front of him. She was so confused that why can't she stay calm? Why his closeness was affecting her?
She was clueless.