The Legendary Kobayashi (She's Just A Normal Person!)

Ren felt himself almost get crushed by the overwhelming crowd of rush hour. Pressed against the train doors as he headed to work. Yet even the nauseating crowd wasn't enough to keep Ren's mind preoccupied.

     His short training phase was over before anyone noticed. Though it was technically official when he got hired, it didn't sink in that he was part of the workforce until today.

     When Ren arrived, he was formally introduced to the team as a new member, to a small applause from the room as they welcomed him.

     "Welcome to the workforce. Suzuki!" The department head pats Ren on the back. "You're stationed right over there!"

     Incidentally, his computer was right across Elma's right, just between a decent divide for a walkway in the office. They exchanged a small greeting and smiled at each other. Takiya, who sat next to him, leaned over.

     "So, this is who you were training, Elma? I'm Takiya, nice to meet you!"

     "Ah, the pleasure's all mine. I hope I can keep up with everyone." Ren replied. Bowing as he sat on the chair.

     "It's true, crunch season is almost approaching. But with you around at least our workload gets lightened a bit." Takiya says, but still sighs into his coffee mug. "Oh right! Isn't Kobayashi returning this afternoon?"

     "Was that today?" A coworker behind him asked.

     Elma's eyes light up. "That's right! I was waiting for her for so long!"

     "Oh thank god, It's concerning how much our efficiency is lowered without her." The person sitting next to Elma added.

     "Kobayashi?" Ren peeked over to ask.

     "Mhmm, she's a great person, taught me everything she knows. Honestly without her I don't know what I would be like today."

     "She's our pillar of strength." Takiya chuckles to himself.

     Ren took note of Elma's expression. Like a sad memory blowing past her, only for it to turn into a look of admiration when she talked about Kobayashi. Ren felt an unexpected tug in his chest, which he quickly dismissed and told himself off for being weird. Wondering what kind of person this Kobayashi was, to be this respected she was probably an amazing person.

     "I can't wait till she gets here." Elma hummed happily to herself.

     "I wonder if..." Ren whispered to himself, sneaking another glance at Elma. "I could be half as amazing as that."

     "Oh speaking of Kobayashi." The people who sat on the row in front of them began to converse loudly enough for Ren to hear.

     "Isn't it funny that most of her friends are very... well-endowed."

      Ren choked.

     "Man, what are you saying so early in the morning?" The person next to them scolded.

     "No no, it's just an observation, I usually don't care but it's like she has a harem or something! Makes a guy jealous sometimes."

     "I also noticed the foreigner looking lady around, with the skimpy outfit and... crazy proportions. Apparently she's also one of Kobayashi's. I saw them talking to each other, don't really know about what but it almost seemed like Kobayashi was ordering her to do something."

    Ren began intensely typing away on the keyboard to try to ignore what he just heard. He had hoped it was some misunderstanding or a baseless office rumor.