Chapter 3

Its been almost a month since Vic and I's conversation in the bathroom. The Battle Of The Bands is coming really close. It is in two weeks and I have been overwhelmed about it. I have also been trying to avoid Vic but that's easier said than done. We have some classes together. 

  "How are you?" Vic asks me as he sits next to me in class. 

   "I'm fine. If you haven't noticed I have been trying to avoid you." I sass him. 

   "I have. I get it, I do but we should talk." Vic says. 

  "I don't know if that's a good idea." I say as I pull my stuff out of my backpack. 

"Please?" Vic asks, sitting down in the seat. 

  I sigh. "Fine. We can talk after school but don't try anything." 

  "I won't." He promises as the teacher starts class. 

  The rest of the day at school was absolutely miserable. Thankfully we don't have much left for the year. I meet Vic by my locker after the final bell rings. "What's up?" I ask him. 

  "I want you to know that I'm not going to give up on us. We used to be much closer. I miss that." He states. 

  "I know that. You're very stubborn. I miss it but..." I lean against the locker. 

  "You aren't ready?" He asks. "Its more than just that though I can tell." 

  "So what if it is? You and I are complicated. I'm not ready." I state. 

  "I'm not pushing you. What I'm asking is can we at least be friends?" He asks me. 

  "I don't know." I answer. 

  "You don't have to decide right now." He says. "Just think about it." He walks off to his band practice most likely. 

  I leave the school to go to my band practice. Vic and I were best friends before we started dating. I do miss him. I miss going over to his place and watching movies until we fall asleep. I miss how he used to make me laugh. How we'd chat about music and argue about which albums are better. I do miss what we had but I don't know if we can get there again. 

  Justin and Nick are setting up when I get there. I start helping them. "You really haven't been great at being on time lately." Justin points out. 

  "Sorry I'm late again. I had to do something." I apologize. 

  "We have two weeks until the competition that could change our lives." Nick states. "So pull yourself together." 

  I rarely see Nick's pushy and bossy side. He's right though. My head hasn't been in it. "Alright let's get started." I state. 

  We start our band practice. Our set for the competition is set in stone now. I love these two boys. They are super talented and I'm lucky to have them in the band. 

  "That was really good." Nick says afterward. 

  "It was. We have two weeks left to get this perfect but we're almost there." Justin states. 

  "Yeah we're almost there. Do you guys have any plans now?" I ask. 

  "I don't really." Nick says. 

  "I don't either. Why?" Justin asks. 

  "Wanna go get food?" I ask. 

  "Sure." Nick and Justin answer. 

  The three of us decide where to go before taking Nick's car there. "What's going on with your dating lives?" I ask them. 

  Nick smiles. "Actually I am seeing someone. Its fairly new so I haven't said anything about it." 

  Justin nods. "I'm seeing someone new too. Its going really well." 

   "That's good. Do I know them?" I ask both of them. 

  Nick shakes his head. "You don't. We aren't really ready to tell people yet." 

   Justin nods. "I'm glad you are happy." 

   "I won't push the matter then. I'm just happy for you. Both of you." I say as our drinks arrive. 

   "You and Vic will get there. Start off as friends. Take your time." Nick gives me advice on my situation. 

  Justin nods. "That's exactly what you should do." He agrees with Nick. 

  "Then I might do that." I say. 

   After dinner I head home to start my homework that's due tomorrow. I tend to get distracted very easily but I finish it before bed. 

  I take a shower before getting ready for bed. Taking a shower helps me clear my thoughts. I have a lot on my mind right now. The band can do this. We've been working so hard for it. We've got this though. I have a feeling that Nick and Justin are hiding something from me. I'm not sure though. 

  Vic is also on my mind. I honestly don't know what to do. Part of me wants him back as a friend but the other side of me is terrified to let him again. I want to trust Vic but its hard after what he put me through. I should try and be friends with him at least. 

  I head to bed after my shower. The next two weeks are going to be a lot. I'm ready for it though. It will be wroth it in the end or at least that's what I'm hoping.