Chapter 7

The Battle Of The Bands is in two days. Its a lot of work to get ready for it. We aren't having rehearsals for the next two days. I need to rest my voice so that I sound at my very best for the competition. Kellin is doing the same thing. 

  "I don't want any dairy." I say. We're trying to decide where to have lunch. 

  "That eliminates like half the places that I suggested but you're right." He states. 

  "Yeah. I know the place to go." I say. 

  "Lead the way." He walks next to me. 

  "Gladly. You nervous about the competition?" I ask him as we keep walking to the place I chose. 

  "A little to be honest. Its a huge deal. Winning would change my life. I want music to be my career." He answers. 

  We arrive at the place. "Yeah. It will change whoever wins lives. I want music to be my career as well." I say. 

  We go inside to the cafe. This is a special place for us. 

  "We haven't been here in a while. Or at least I haven't." Kellin says as he sits down. 

   I sit down across from him. "I haven't either. Its been hard to come here since..." 

  "The breakup." He finishes my sentence. "Yeah. Its where we had our unofficial first date." 

  "Yeah. I remember that night really well." I state. 

  "So do I. You were nervous and you couldn't hide it from me." He says. 

  "You asked me why I was nervous. I told you that I needed to tell you something." I state. 

  "You took me somewhere and told me that you had feelings for me." He says. 

  "You told me the same thing." I say as our food arrives. 

  "We kissed and started dating that day." He pauses while he eats. "I still want to get there." 

  I smile. "I feel like we are getting there again." I say. 

  "We are." He agrees as he eats. 

  "We don't have a lot going on after Battle." I say. 

  "Are you saying that you want to do something after that?" He asks me. 

  "What if I do? I know I hurt you and I have to show you I won't." I say as I finish eating. 

  "I might be okay with that. Let's see what happens. If we do get back together you do have to show me that." He says, getting up. 

  "I will." I promise him as we leave. "Are you going to the party tonight?" All the bands competing are having a party tonight. The sponsors are throwing it. 

  "Yes. I kind of don't want to go though." He answers. 

  "Me either but we're in this together." I say. 

   We both go home to get ready for this party. Its one of the four events for the competition. There's the party, a band mingler, the competition, and the banquet to celebrate bands. Its a lot and three of the events we have to be at. The party is optional but my band mates kind of pushed me to come. 

  I pick up Kellin at his house to drive there. "It will be great." 

  Kellin turns on the radio and looks out the window. "I really hope so. I've never been a huge fan of parties." He says. 

  "I know that. I'm not either. Our band mates will be there and we have each other." I say as I focus on driving to our destination. 

  "Yeah thankfully. I don't know why I agreed to come." He says to me. 

  "I don't know I did either but we are." I say, focusing on the road ahead of me. 

   We get to the party and head inside. Nick and Justin come walking over to us. "Was beginning to wonder if you'd show up." Nick states. 

   Kellin sighs. "I did show up. Not a huge party guy." He says. 

   Justin nods. "We know. I'm glad you decided to show anyway." 

  Jaime walks over. "Oh you showed up." 

  "You sound disappointed that I'm here." I say looking at Jaime. 

  "He's not. He's just being an ass." Tony says. 

  Mike walks over. "Jaime's kind of in a mood. Don't mind his annoyance." 

  "Don't speak for me." Jaime states. 

  "I'm here even though I don't want to be." I say. 

  Kellin nods. "Same." He says. 

  The party is painfully boring. There's no drinking even though people tried to sneak alcohol inside. It didn't work. 

  I leave the party and head home early. I have homework to get done too. 

  I pick out a vinyl and turn it on. I start working on the homework that I have due tomorrow. Its a lot more than I thought. I finish and have some leftovers for dinner. I spend some time writing new songs. I've been really inspired the past couple of days. It helps with the songwriting which is good. 

  After that I play some videogames before going to bed. The next two days are going to be a lot happening all at once. I need my rest.