✰ | 𝒜𝓀𝒶𝓇𝒾𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉, 𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓇

continued back story of Akari at the age of 15, truly being 1599.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

continued - 165 years ago

he was cute. and he was an elf as well, probably half-human and half-elf though, considering that he didnt have an elf-like body or hair. he looked to be around my age, maybe about 17. he has short brown hair, and a muscular build. he has 

"this is Chikao Asano. he will be your assigned guard." the first guard told me. "if you have any problems with him, come to me and i will help." his thick French accent was hard to understand. 

"thank you." i bowed my head again. after being assigned a guard, i didnt know what to do. i diffidently didnt expect that. this was causing a small scene outside the gates. people were looking, some staring. 

later in the Wizard kingdom

after being granted the privilege to enter and exit the kingdom without identification needed, it seemed easier to get around... besides the guard following me everywhere. i thought it would be fun to have a cute boy following me around as a personal guard, but no. all he did was bring unwanted attention onto me. 

"hey, what do you want me to call you?" i asked the guard. i know his name is Chikao Asano, but i wanted to know if he wanted me to call him by his last or first name.

"call me Asano. what is your name?" he simply spoke, following close behind me.

"okay, Asano. my name is Akari Abe, call me Akari. so, where is the closest place that i can rest?" i continued walking.

he doesnt respond for a moment, leaving me to think that he didnt know or that he wasnt going to answer. "you can go to Danny's to find a place to sleep."

"Danny's? where is that?" 

"i can show you, if you would like." he offered politely.

"that would be great, thank you." i respond.

he nods, and waves his hand, beckoning to follow him. "you are very kind and have very good manners for a royal. where do you originate from, if you dont mind me asking?"

"i dont mind at all! i come from the Elf kingdom. i am the first born of queen Emica, and king Asahi." i smile slightly, taking my hood off to show my elf ears, grey eyes, and strawberry blond hair.

he gasped, stopping in his tracks as he heard what i told him. "the Elf kingdom?!" he looked at me with wide eyes. he bowed down, getting on his knees. "it is a honor to be in your presence. i apologize if i came off as rude or inconsiderate." 

i was shocked. why is he on his knees bowing down to me? "no, please, stand. i dont want to cause a scene." i rushed to say. i didnt want to have an invited attention on me, it would make the situation worse.

he stood up after being told to stand. "of course, your highness." 

"please, just call me Akari. there is no need for formalities." i shook my head, pulling the blanket back over my head. "just, please, show me where this Danny's place is."

"o-of course!" he stuttered. "right this way!" he started walking again. 

soon enough, we were outside a place that had a sign, saying 'Danny's'

"this is the place." he speaks then walks into the place, and i follow beside him.

i walk up to the front desk and speak, "could i get a room for two please?" 

"of course. i need to see some identification please." the kind front desk lady spoke. her name card had the name, Daisy on it. not a local name.

i nod, and i hand her my adventurer card. she takes a picture of it with her jaw dropped. 

"wow, a mage and warier. and a royal?!!" she basically almost yells that part. she starts to yell in a different language, and hands me back my adventurer card.

a man comes running down the stairs, and goes behind the desk, looking at the picture of my adventurer card. his eyes go wide, and his jaw dropped as well. "a royal?!" he shrieks, looking up at me. "i-its so great to have a royal in out shop! uh- right this way, your highness!" he rushes back towards the stairs, and beckons us to follow.

Asano, Ayoka, and i follow him. he brings us to a door and opens it. its 5 rooms with one bed in each, separate bathrooms, a mini living room, and a mini kitchen. 

"this is the best room we have to offer. i hope it aids in your needs, and please dont worry about paying!" the man spoke. "my name is Akihiro, call for me whenever you need." he bowed his head.

i was shocked. what do i do? i looked at Asano. what do i do?

he nodded his head and took over from there. "thank you so very much. your highness and i greatly appreciate your offer, and gratefully accept it." he gently pushes me into the hotel room as he spoke, closing the door behind him.

when the door is shut, i sigh a breath of relief. "thanks, i had no idea what to do there." i walk into one of the bedrooms, and set my backpack down on the desk, still having the blanket around me to hide my wings.

"its no problem, really. if you were to refuse, he would keep insisting until you gave up and accepted the offer. they are very persistent." he nods and stands in the doorway of the bedroom, not entering since it would be inappropriate.

i nod and sit down on the bed inside the room, Ayoka laying down on the bed next to me. i looked out of one of the small windows in the room. "i havent touched a bed in 3 nights." i whisper under my breath, sighing. i wonder what mom is doing right now.

"so, how did you get to the Wizard kingdom?" he asked, being curious. "if you dont mind answering, of course." he adds, unsure if this would offend her.

"uh- well, its a long story. i can tell you later, after we eat. im starving." i speak, standing up. i get my coin pouch and walk past him, putting the pouch on my belt. i opened the hotel room door. "where is a place we can eat?" i turn around to ask him with a smile.

he was right behind me, and his hand was on the blanket. i could tell he was about to pull it off of me. my eyes widen and my breath hitches as the blanket is yanked off of my skin. my wings now fully visible.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this was a shorter chapter, a little goofy, but exciting overall. i didnt know how to continue this chapter, but i pulled through. its the shortest chapter i've written so far. thank you for reading this far :)