The Science Fair

"Sammy, hurry! We're about to be late for the science fair setup!" Alex yells, putting her cardboard set up and multiple magical hair repair pre-poo bottles into her trunk.

"Coming! I'm getting my last concealer bottle!" Sam exclaims, wobbling outside with many bottles. "I'm ready!"

Sam jumps into Alex's car, and Clover peels off to Gotham Academy. She parks in the back parking lot near the gymnasium and jumps out once the engine is off. The girls run into the gym with their setups and find a table for their project.

"Wow, look at everyone's project. I feel like mine is so basic," Alex says, looking at her pre-poo bottles.

"Don't think about yourself like that. Your pre-poo formula will revolutionize the hair industry," Clover says, hugging Anai and Klarion.

"Yeah, honeybun, besides, if they don't like it, I'll-" Klarion threatens, getting cut off by Alex.

"Please don't make threats while everyone is getting ready. I'll be fine, I promise. Now, be a good model for Clover, ok," Alex says, rubbing Klarion's shoulder.

Klarion kisses Alex's cheek and gets straight to being a model. The students get louder as the judges come into the gym.

"Alright, everyone! Give a big welcome to our special guest judges, Bruce Wayne, Oliver Queen, and Gotham Univeristy's dean, Dr. Long!" Gotham Academy's principal exclaims, walking into the middle of the room. "Remember, even though it's a science fair, it's not a competition. I repeat, this is not a competition. Now, let's begin!"

"They're starting from the right side and going clockwise," Sam whispers, looking at the judges going from project to project. "Also, is that your stepdad, Clover?"

Hal walks into the gym, and Clover practically falls to the floor. He spots Clover and walks over to her table.

"Dad, what are you doing here?" Clover whispers, squatting down.

"Stella said this is your first science fair, so I went to support you," Hal says, picking Clover up. "Oh! I'll be out of your way. Here comes the judges!"

Clover smiles nervously and turns on her popular girl leader personality.

"For my project, I decided to solve the age-old problem of inclusivity in makeup. For years, people darker than white people have been subject to looking like ghosts. But with my foundation, anyone who's Klarion pale to Anok Yai dark can find their shade," Clover says, giving Klarion and Anai their shades in foundation. "And if Mr. Wayne could apply some onto his cheek."

Bruce does as she says and applies some foundation to his cheek.

"Not only that, but the best part is that it's non-transferable," Clover says, applying red lipstick, kissing her hand, and putting it onto Bruce's cheek. "And I didn't forget the metahumans and extraterrestrials either. I have Martian Green and Ice Queen blue."

Icicle Jr. puts some foundation on his face, and it's like he's not wearing any.

"Well done, Clover, but how did Klarion and Icicle Jr. get inside the school?" Bruce Wayne asks, looking at Icicle Jr and Klarion.

"Parole officer and judge, let me come since it somehow counts as community service hours," Icicle Jr. replies, making everyone silent.

"He's joking, everyone. Hahaha!" Clover laughs nervously, looking at her dad.

"It actually is a joke. I'm just here to support my girlfriend," Icicle Jr. says, wrapping a hand around Clover's waist.

The students in the gym aw at his sweet words while the adults laugh so they're not embarrassed.