05

↳✧ 𝙜𝙡𝙞𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙧 ; 』
tristan dugray
an envysonder production

──────· 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──────

kiana hung up the phone and exhaled heavily. she started to wonder what business her bestfriend had with the guy she was talking to.

she decides that theres only one way to find out so she runs across the street to the kim's house.

she knocks on the door, expecting mrs kim to answer but lane does.

"lane, i need you to come to luke's with me" she tells lane with a worried look on her face. lane studies her best friend's expression to try to tell what's on her mind but she had no such luck.

"okay. but we only have around 25 minutes. my mom went to doosies." lane replies. kiana took her hand and they ran to the diner.

"so what exactly are we doing here if we're not going inside?" lane asks. the girls were currently crouching in a bush behind luke's.

"we're watching" kiana whispers, shushing her. she looked around the diner before her eyes stopped at the 2 familiar faces.

"watching who?" lane asks in a quiet, soft voice.

"rory and jess" kiana replies, not taking her eyes off the 2.

as lane looks into the diner, she also notices her friend with jess, laughing and talking and she gasps at the sight of them.

kiana sees rory touching jess' shoulder as they both laugh. her eyebrows furrow as she continues to watch them.

"duck!" lane whisper-shouts and they both drop down to the floor.

"what was that?" rory asked jess, glaring out the window causing jess to look out aswell.

"i don't know, lets go check it out" jess responds as the 2 get up to walk outside the cafe.

"can you hear them? what are they saying?" lane whispers to her friend.

"i don't know let me see" kiana replies.

as she lifted her head up she saw that the table they were once at was empty. her eyes scanned the rest of the diner but rory & jess were nowhere to be seen.

"they're gone" kiana tells lane, this time no longer whispering.

lane and kiana exchange glances before getting up to look around. after a few seconds, they finally see them.

"that was you?" jess asks kiana followed by an angry rory.

"what were you guys doing spying on us?" rory interrogates. her arms are crossed as she stares the 2 girls down.

kiana walks towards rory and jess. she's staring right back at the girl as her eyes darken with anger.

"what were you doing in the diner with the person you told me to stay away from?" kiana questions. jess shoots her a quick look before looking at rory.

"you told her to stay away from me?" jess asks, frowning at the brunette.

rory's face begins to burn as her arms drop down. she opens her mouth but no words come out.

jess and kiana raise an eyebrow before rory finally speaks up.

"yes, but i only wanted to see if he was good enough for you." rory tells kiana.

"i dont know if i'd believe that if i were you" lane whispers to the other dark haired girl.

kiana and jess lock eyes and he begins to speak.

"well to be honest me and her were talking about things and i think it would be right for me to do this" jess says and everyone turns to look at him.

slowly, jess pulls out a box from his pocket. it's dark red, which is kiana's favourite colour, and it's made out of some sort of velvet or leathery material. he opened the box and a iridescent golden necklace sits inside of it.

kiana gasps. she's never had a boy go all out for her before nonetheless a guy she wasn't even dating.

"jess..." kiana gets cut off by the boy.

"i want to be your boyfriend kiana. i know the necklace isn't alot but it's all i can afford right now and-" jess announces , stopping when he realises he was rambling.

he looks at her and she sees the pureness in his eyes.

"jess.. of course i'll be your girlfriend" kiana answers, giving him a big bear hug.

the other 2 girls watch in awe of their friend's newly found relationship.

"maybe we were wrong about him" rory whispers to lane.

"yeah, i mean he did spent his last cent on that necklace for her which was pretty cute" lane says to her, still smiling at the 2 lovers infront of her.

"im so happy for you guys" rory tells them and they smile at her.

"i actually have to go right now though" she continues.

"yeah same, my mom will be home soon" lane adds as she hugs her bestfriend .

"bye guys, and im sorry for accusing you rory" kiana says to them, smiling faintly.

"bye kia!" lane shouts, turning to run to her house before her mother gets home.

"it's alright but i better get going" rory tells kiana. she blows her a kiss and walks off until she's out of their sight.

she looks around before pulling out her phone and dialling a number. they answer the phone not long after.

"so how's the plan going?" a male voice asks over the phone.

"it's not going great. jess asked her out" rory replies.

"well then we're going to have to think of a new plan" the guy says.

"what do you have in mind?" rory asks. she speaks in a hushed tone, looking around every few seconds.

"you're gonna have to get in the way of them." he tells her and her eyes widen in shock.

"no way tristan are you crazy?" rory exclaims, still lowly speaking.

"listen. we'll do what we have to okay" tristan tells her and rory sighs before hanging up the phone .

──────· 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──────

a/n: first of all, this is a short/filler chapter to fill my inactivity. secondly, i'm so sorry for the infrequent updates, skl is really overwhelming rn.

also, i know this isnt the bad boy jess we all know and love, i just needed a male love interest from the show.