[S1E1]Starting Line

Y/n sighed in disapointment once more as he stepped onto school grounds and hears the perverted trio already planning out some scheme. He begins to approach them, cracking his fingers as he does so. The few other students in the immediate area notice his approach and snicker as they await the events soon to follow.

"Hyoudou..." Y/n's voice was hollow and tired as he grabbed the boy's shoulder. The aforementioned teen froze as his head slowly twisted to his side to meet Y/n's gaze. His brown eyes met Y/n's piercing red glare. "You never learn do you?" Y/n asked as his grip tightened on the boy. "If I catch you following through with your little scheme well..." a sadistic smirk crosses his face as he lets go of Issei and begins to walk off with a sarcastic wave. "Let's not find out about that..."

The onlookers were quite disappointed by the outcome and began to head to class as if nothing happened. As for the perverted trio, with Y/n now absent Issei began to bitch about the teen with his only two friends backing him up but we don't care about them. We return to Y/n, our protagonist as heads to class with his usual bored expression. He enters class 2-B and sits at his usual seat at the very back near the window.

Right, I forgot to explain his appearance. Let's do that while he ignores class as he always does. Not like it matters anyways, he'll get to grades anyways... So anyways Y/n's appearance. Aside from his unusual red eyes he's uninteresting for the most part. He's got a handsome face to some extent, his head topped with short spiky black hair. Additionally, the teen stood at a substantial six foot three inches and had a lean but not buff physique.

"Mister Liu, seeing as you're not paying much attention to class you must know the answer by now right?" The teacher called out with an exasperated sigh as he points to the board with a rather lengthy math equation.

Y/n clicked his tongue as he stops gazing out the window and stands from his desk. He stalks to the board lackadaisically with his hands in his pocket. He frees his right hand and takes the marker from the teacher's outstretched hand and with a small yawn he got to work. A few moments later he hands the marker back to the teach before returning to his seat with a small huff.

As always the rest of the students would murmur about how lucky Y/n was to be as smart as he was with a mixture of annoyance and adoration as the teacher, defeated once more, continues the lesson while giving Y/n begrudging praise. Y/n rolls his eyes as he returns to window gazing. 'I'm not that smart. Anyone could do that through memorization alone.' He grumbled about the unwarented praise. 'I'm nothing special...'

Skipping forward Y/n is seen sitting at a lunchtabe all on his lonesome. In spite of the credit he gets for keeping the Perverted Trio in check his demeanor and annoyance at said demeanor in spite of his standing as one of the smartest students in the school. So he ate alo-- Koneko Toujou took a seat opposite of Y/n. The short white haired, amber eyed first year student had taken a liking to Y/n due to his actions towards the perverted trio. Pair that with her stoicism and his own bored and empty demeanor lead to those two getting along through their lack of interaction. Of course they talked from time to time but their conversations never lasted that long.

Y/n slid her the extra pudding he had snagged for her. After doing so he slowly dug into his own. Much like her, he had a strong sweet tooth. Though his smiles are rare a good sweet was always capable of giving him the slightest smile. "Are your studies going well?" He asked in between bites. Koneko nodded and that was the end of the conversation as he hums approvingly.

Flash forwars to the end of the school day with Y/n laying down the law with the perverted trio, having borrowed a kendo stick after learning about their peephole the planned to use on the kendo club. After he gave Issei one last thwack he kicked him away and let him run off as he turned his attention to the other two. He flipped a coin to see who went first but as it flung into the air his gaze shifted towards the abandoned school house before further shifting to the red haired girl standing at a window of the second floor. Their eyes meet and for a moment Y/n freezes.