[S1E3]Onboarding Process

"I ask of you..." The violet light of the summoning circle subsides, revealing Rias Gremory standing with her hair flowing through the wind. "Are you my mas--- OH NO!" She dropped her little joke to break the ice the moment she caught sight of Y/n on the ground bleeding profusely. She grabs her head in panic for a moment before quickly springing into action. She got to her knees and quickly tore away his shirt, she shakes her head with a blush at the sight of his six pack, and continues her work by using her magic to cauterize the wound.

Immediately after she begins to apply healing magic by placing her hands on his chest and sending the healing energy through him. "Fu-- No good. He's lost too much blood," She mumbles aloud as she throws off her own top and tries to press against him to increase the magic's affects to no avail. 'What do I do?! I don't have a way to summon Akeno here and sending a message will take too long!'  She begins to freak out before another thought crosses her mind. She bites her lip, not wanting to entertain the idea before sighing.

She frees one of her hands from Y/n's failing body and pulls out a crimson red chess piece, a pawn in particular. It was brimming with magical energy. "Satan forgive me..." She mumbles as she places the piece upon his chest and imbues her magic within it. The pawn piece slowly begins to meld with Y/n's body before being forcibly shot out. Her eyes widen and Rias was capable of catching it before it got sent flying though thankfully. "His body rejected it... He must be strong..."

Rias' demonic heritage gets the better of her for a moment as she thinks of the possibilities of how useful a pawn he'll be. Her thoughts are broken as Y/n coughs up blood, reminding her why she's converting him. She shakes her head for what felt like the millionth time as she attempted to use two pawns to pierce and convert his soul. Only for the both of them to be rejected all the same. "He won't last much longer," She shouts to herself as she throws caution to the wind and produces the rest of her pawn pieces. 

It's dark.

Y/n's eyes are open but all he sees is endless nothingness.

Not a single star in the void he finds himself in.

He chuckles to himself, "Ah... so I'm not worth reincarnation or even an afterlife..." It was a bitter laugh. "And here I thought death would make things better for me..." He continued to mope as he scratched the back of his neck. "At least I got to keep my body for what that's worth."

TICK TICK TICK

 Y/n perks up as he turns around. "Hello?! Anyone there?!" He shouted out into the void.

TICK TICK TICK

The boy, as if compelled, began to follow the sound of the clock. As he traveled the void the ticking of the clock kept him company. Seemingly communicating with him even if he can't understand it, he can FEEL it. Eventually, Y/n lays his sights upon his target, or at least what the clock was requesting he find. Before Y/n laid a massive ball of chains. The chains all wriggled, writhed, and slid across each other like snakes. From within the core of ball of chains an odd glow emanated. The glow almost called to Y/n much the same as the clock did.

TICK TICK TICK

Speaking of... the clock ticked all around him this time. Calling to him to reach out and unravel the chains. Reach the core. So Y/n did so. His hand reached out and upwards towards the massive ball of chains. However before touching the chains, the glow of the core altered. A deep crimson red. This didn't deter him, instead he felt something great just behind this and continued, grabbing ahold of one of the writhing chains. Suddenly all of the chains sped up, forcing him to lose his grasp, as they rapidly rotated around the core before ten chains fired out around Y/n. Each hitting the floor(?) of the void and shattering the space around them to reveal tears in reality that reminded Y/n of broken mirror shards.