𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

────────── · 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ──────────

CHAPTER FIVE:

BEST BEHAVIOR

────────── · 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ──────────

NOVA MAY WAS CONSTANTLY ON EDGE. As a result of that last incident with the boys from district 2, she was sure there'd be some sort of retaliation from at least one of them. But after days of training, there'd been nothing.

Well, almost nothing. Cassian didn't have anything to do with Nova May. He'd act like she and Archer didn't exist, which suited them just fine. But Aemond on the other hand, he was plotting something and Nova May just couldn't figure out what. Whenever they'd be in the same training room or they'd walk past each other, he'd get that evil looking grin on his face. But he never said a word, so Nova May kept quiet.

Though it wasn't an alliance, Nova May and Archer had a sort of friendship (acquaintanceship ?) with the duo from district 4. When Nova May was struggling to use a spear on a wooden target, Roman approached and spent a good 5 minutes helping her and giving her pointers.

In return, Nova May helped Roman correct his form using the bow and arrow. She wasn't stupid to think this would mean anything once the games started, but Nova May decided she'd just be grateful for the help whenever it came.

Trying to not be too obvious, another thing Nova May and Archer did during training, was observe the other tributes. And though they hated to admit it, Sejanus was right. The district 2 boys were the most skilled of everyone they'd seen. Since it was decided they weren't going to be allies, they were probably the biggest threat.

Besides them, Nova May knew that district 7 was lumber, and she wasn't surprised to see that Ellis and Dahlia were quite good with axes.

District 1 was somewhat of a mystery. They were known for their production of luxury goods and it was common knowledge that appearances meant more to them than most. Nova May didn't think she saw so much as a hair out of place on Atlas or Emerald. During the first 3 days of training, anytime Nova May or Archer saw them, they were just moving from one training room to another, so what their specialty was remained a mystery.