5 - Chandelier Crash!

[I love this part of the song so much omg-]

~~~~~

Cafeteria
"I'm already exhausted from a full day on cleanin'. I can't believe we still gotta wash a hundred windows!" Grim groaned.

"We gotta suck it up and do it. After all, if you didn't attack him, we wouldn't be here." You rolled your eyes at the cat's complaining. "Hey! Do you want to fight me?!" The cat glared at you.

"Okay okay okay, calm down. Nobody here is fighting anybody." Yuuken tried to relax the atmosphere.

Grim clicked his tongue. "What's buggin' me is, Ace ain't even here yet! To make us wait after what he did... grrr!"

...
30 minutes later.
...
1 hour later.

"...and now he's super late! I bet he up and bailed on us!" Grim growled.

You banged your hands on the table and got up. "That's it! I'm going to find him and drag his ass back here." Before you could run off, two strong arms grabbed you and held you back tightly in a back hug. "Yuu, let me go!"

"Relax! We'll go after him, but calm down first! Also, language." Yuuken let go of you once you calmed down.

The three of you soon walked around school, going into an empty classroom. "Hey! Ace! Get over here! Try to hide from me, will ya!" Grim yelled. It was empty. "Huh, maybe there's no one here?"

A voice came from a painting. "Oh, I wouldn't say that. I'm here." You jumped. A talking painting?! What else, flying broomsticks? "Bwaaah! That painting just talked!" Grim almost lost his balance in shock while Yuu activated his 'protect Y/N mode'.

"Yes, and...? Is a talking painting really and oddity and this school?" The painting looked- well, er... sounded offended. "The lady in the portrait on that wall talks too. As does the gentleman in the portrait on this one. As long as a painting has a mouth, why wouldn't it be able to talk? Is that really so strange?"

"In fact, yes. Paintings don't usually talk." You replied to the painting with the old man. "Well, your 'usual' and my 'usual' clearly differ. Shall we agree to disagree on the matter?" The painting said. "Now, you seem to be searching for someone."

"We're looking for this guy named Ace. He's got messy hair and a heart drawn on his face." Grim tried to describe Ace. "And he looks like a clown, and is a jerk." You added. Grim nodded.

"Have you seen him?" Yuu asked.

"Ah, I know the one. A new student, I believe? Today was his first day at school. I think he went back to his dorm a while ago." The painting answered. Your eye twitched.

"Myaaah. So it's true! He's tryna ditch us! Do you know which way he went?" Grim growled.

"The door to the dorms in the eastern building."

"Let's chase after him!" Grim looked at you two. "Yes... let's..." Your voice had an obvious annoyed tone. But before you could run off with Grim, Yuu stopped you.

"Remember, Y/N. Don't kill him..." You rolled your eyes and sighed.

The three Ramshackle students then went to hunt for a certain ginger boy.