7 - Late Night Visitor

~~~~~

You woke up to find yourself laying on soft, grey grass. "Huh?" Was all you muttered, slowly getting up and glancing at the floor. Where were you? You moved your hand to move hair away from your face, and that's when your eyes landed on the palm of your hands. You took a shaky breath and retracted your hand. It was... grey. Your hands were grey, your arms were grey. You were grey. "What the?!" You stumbled back, all the colour had been drained from you. Literally. The world around you had also been sucked out of its colour. It was all grey.

You looked around you only to find yourself in some kind of rose maze. "Hurry up and paint those roses red!" You heard a voice shout. "Slather them quickly, as aforesaid!" Another voice shouted. "Hurry, hurry! There are still roses left to paint!"

Looking to where the voice was coming from, you saw strange... cards holding a bucket and painting, hurriedly slathering roses with red paint. The red paint was the only colour in the black and white world. "They're painting... roses?" Despite your fear of having no idea where you were, you moved towards the cards. "Excuse me.. why are you painting your roses red? And where am I?" You questioned.

"Huh?" The card which was Two of Clubs stopped and looking at you. "Why, you ask? It's quite simple. We planted the wrong colour, you see. The Queen likes her roses red. If they're white, we'll lose our heads!" It responded before going back to painting. "And so, we're painting the roses red."

Losing your head over... something like the wrong rose colour?! What the hell? "And if I may ask, where am I?!" You asked again. This time, the cards seemed to ignore you. More fear built up in you after hearing about the Queen. That's when your vision started becoming blurry, as the world around you turning black. You tried to reach out for the rose bushes to keep your balance, but it was too late. Your body felt limp and you blacked out.

Fluttering your eyes open, you were back at your room. You heard a loud knock on the door like some volcano was going to start erupting. Gosh, it was harsh enough to make the dorm fall apart! You leapt out of bed and ran downstairs, "Alright I'm coming, relax!!" ,worried that you would be buried here along with two cats and a boy. However, due to your rush, you failed to notice a particular petal on your floor...

"Hellooo? Who's here at 2 in the morning?!" You groaned tiredly.

"It's me, Ace! Just let me in, alright?" You heard a muffled voice from the other side.

Unfortunately, since the knocking was so loud, both cats and Yuu had woken up to see who's at the door. Not that you didn't like their company, you just didn't want to be social at that moment. "Y/n? You're awake?"

"Yeah. His loud ass knocking woke me up."

"Language. Who is it?" He peeked over your shoulder to try and see the door.

"Hey, are you there?! Let me in, please!" Ace knocked even more, but with less force this time.

"It's Ace." You replied, lazily opening the door to reveal a certain ginger haired male.

"Ace? It's the middle of the night!" Grim's eyes widened upon realising something. "B-bwah! That collar!" A huge black and red collar with a golden rim covered Ace's neck.

"I can't go back to Heartslabyul house. I'm joining your dorm. For good." He announced an annoyed face.

"Myah?! Come again?!" Grim shrieked. Yuu rolled his eyes, he did not want Ace to stay here. Ezra sat next to your feet, confused. She had no idea who this guy was and how you met, but it's probably better that she doesn't find out.