6 - Dwarfs' Mine

[will wood>>
I love this song so damn much omfg]

This chapter has got feelings... :)

~~~~~

"So this is the Dwarfs' Mine. Long ago, this mine was flush with magestones." Deuce said as he looked around.

"Urgh... who knows what lurks in there now?" Chills ran down Grim's spine, his fur was stood on ends. "Look, I can see a house. Let's see what the people there have to say." Ace pointed to the small cottage.

"Do people even live there?" You questioned to Ace. "I don't know. Maybe? You never know." He shrugged.

The 5 of you entered the small cottage, receiving a storm of dust. "Gosh... this place is as bad as Ramshackle..." Yuu coughed. "Hellooooo? Is anyone home...? Must be empty. It looks like it's been abandoned." Deuce called out.

"Bwah! I got a spider web on my face! Ptchoo! Ptchoo!" Grim jumped. "What?! There's spiders?! Where?!" You jumped onto Yuu. He just chuckled and patted your back.

"Look how tiny these desks and chairs are. Did children live here?" Ace asked, you shook your head. "I don't think so. They look too small, even for children."

"One, two... seven! It's like a clown car in here!" Ace gawked. "When the mine was flourishing, this house must have been a lively place." Deuce looked around.

"Well, this isn't getting us anywhere. If we're gonna find a magestone, it'll be inside the mine. Let's head in and take a look." You nodded, following Ace and Deuce towards the mine.

"You wanna go inside THERE? It's pitch black!" Grim felt reluctant. "What, are you scared of the dark? Pathetic." Ace mocked him. "Myah?! I'm not scared of anything!"

"Dude, do you ever shut up?" You glared Ace.

"I'm taking the lead. You all follow me!" Grim stomped off.

Inside the mine, it was dazzling. Beautiful gems illuminated the dismal cave. It was quite appealing, possible the most pulchritudinous (beautiful) thing you have ever seen. The radiant gemstones felt oddly alluring.

Or read.

"Huh? Hold up!" Deuce exclaimed. "What now?" Ace narrowed his eyes. "There's something there!" Deuce alarmed everybody.

"Hehehe! Visitors! The first in ten years!" It was ghosts. "Do make yourselves at home! You can stay forever!"

"Oh. My. God." Your eye twitched.

Before you knew it, you all were running all around the mine to escape the ghost. But no matter how far you got, they were everywhere. "More ghosts?! They're floating around here too!" Ace grimaced.

"If we stop to fight, we'll never get anywhere. Let's just keep moving." Deuce commanded.

"Sure, but don't act like we voted you team leader." Ace grumbled. "The only reason we're here in the first place is because of that stupid stunt you pulled."

"Oh? I'm pretty sure this happened because you tried to shirk your window cleaning punishment."

"So we're bringing up ancient history now? Then if you wanna get down to brass tacks, this all happened when a furball torched the statue!"