𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦 𖦹 𝘢𝘷𝘰𝘪𝘥

✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩

⋆ ˚。⋆୨ three 𖦹 avoid ୧⋆ ˚。⋆

the next day, after halloween, evelyn found herself sitting at her desk brushing her hair for school, before standing up and walking out.

she went to school that day and avoided steve the whole time.

she needed to talk to him. she needed to express her true feelings to him.

but she couldn't. not when he told her that he shouldn't have kissed her, that he was with nancy.

maybe it truly was a mistake. maybe every glance, every butterfly he'd ever given her was a lie. maybe he was just being friendly.

i mean it's not like she expected him to just love her back. because that's not how life works.

so maybe she truly did need to just move on. move on from their friendship. from the phase of her life that he was in.

because she couldn't be just friends with him anymore. her heart hurt the most it ever had in her entire life. and it was all because of him.

she did a great job with avoiding him. he'd stolen so many glances that day of school at her. at lunch, in the halls, and especially in 6th period gym.

she sat in the bleachers, she had told the coach that she didn't feel well, that she couldn't play whatever game they were playing.

and thank god she did, because they were playing basketball with the basketball boys.

as the game started, she read her book, but stole occasional glances at steve.

that was until nancy came into the gym and her and steve left.

they walked outside and stood in between the buildings to have a private conversation.

"where were you this morning? i missed first period" nancy told him.

"i figured jonathan would take you" he said to her.

"what, what are you talking about?" she asked him.

steve let out a scoff and said "jesus you really can't handle your alcohol. you remember going
to tina's party last night, right?"

nancy shook her head yes, and said "yes, i remember i remember dancing, and...spilling some punch. you got mad at me because i was drunk, and then you took me home."

steve let out another scoff and said "no, see, that's where your mind gets a little bit fuzzy. that was your other boyfriend. that was... that was jonathan."

"i don't understand" nancy stated, clearly confused.

"it's pretty simple, nancy. you were just telling it like it is" he says to her.

nancy shakes her head and asks "what?"

"apparently, uh...we killed barb and i don't care,
cause i'm bullshit. and our whole... our whole relationship is bullshit, and, i mean, pretty much everything is just bullshit, bullshit, bullshit" steve stated, before adding "oh, yeah, also, you don't love me."

nancy opened her mouth to speak and then shut it. "i was drunk steve i don't remember any of that."

"so what? that just makes everything you said what? bullshit too?" he asks, clearly a little angry now.

"yes" nancy said.

steve scratched the back of his neck before saying "so tell me."

"tell you what?" she asks him.

"you love me" he tells her, as a boy comes outside and tells him to come back in for the next basketball game.

steve looks back at nancy and widens his eyes before saying "i think that you're bullshit" before leaving her outside.

˚୨୧⋆。

when evelyn got home from school that day, she had gotten a crucial call from dustin at school telling her to come to the middle school.

so she did.

and when she got there, her, dustin, mike, will, lucas, and a new girl named max had a meeting.

apparently dustin had found something called a "pollywog" in the trash at home.

"do you wanna hold him?" dustin asked his older sister.

"sure" she answered as she held out her hands.

dustin put the creature in her hands and she took a closer look at it.

"what exactly am i holding right now guys?" the oldest henderson sibling asked.

"it's some kind of non-water tadpole we're guessing" the red head girl said.

lucas shook his head and said "yeah! it's crazy right ev?"

evelyn shook her head and smiled before handing it to mike.

"ok well guys, this has been great, and i love hanging out with you guys but i gotta go" she said before ruffling wills hair and saying "i'll see you at home dustin."

and she was about halfway out the door before she heard dustin scream "watch out!"

she jumped out of the way, and the creature that she was previously holding ran out of the room.

"guys what the hell!" she yelled at them before the all ran out of the door.

"help us look for it!" her younger brother yelled at her. "we can't loose it!"

she spent the next 30 minutes looking for it, and she didn't find anything.

and she was about to give up until lucas ran into in the hall and said "ev, come outside now. there's something wrong with will."

she ran outside and realized that everyone was there already. even joyce had came.

"is he ok?" evelyn asked, her stomach dropping at the sight of will going through another one of his episodes.

joyce let out a big breath and pulled will in. "yeah he's ok now. thank you for being here with them."

evelyn shook her head, and then left to go to her car with dustin.

when they drive off, she asked "so you found something in our trash and you don't know what it is, and you wanna keep it?"

"theoretically yes. it could make me famous."

evelyn shook her head and said "yeah ok." before adding "is will gonna be ok?"

"i hope so, i hate seeing him like this" dustin admitted sadly.

─── ──