Chapter 7 (Louis)

A/n: btw: i, in no way, support people calling lgbtq people slurs. people shd be able to love who they love without shame.

trigger warning: homophobia

Louis was so happy that he got to make up with Harry. He was so thankful for Niall for forcing Harry to listen to him. 

Now he and Harry were in the car together going back home and they were chatting like crazy, like how it used to be before Louis started pulling away. He's got to admit, he's been missing this. Louis decided that if they couldn't be a couple, they could at least be the next best thing. It would hurt him too much to lose Harry completely just because of his feelings. 

When Louis made it home after dropping Harry off, he plopped down onto his bed with a smile. Just then, Eleanor called. 

"Hey El," Louis greeted.

"Hi Louis, how's it going?" she asked.

"Good, good. Harry forgave me after Niall forced him to listen to me," Louis said giddily.

"I saw that! I'm so happy for you," Eleanor replied.

"Yeah. You know, I'm in love with him," Louis announced.

"Really?!" Eleanor asked in shock, "What made you realize it?"

"I just... I can't imagine a life without him, and every single thing he does just makes me love him even more," Louis ranted.

"Well I'm happy that you realized that, you are officially the last person to realize that. Other than Harry," Eleanor declared.

"Hey!" Louis whined.

"I'm serious though, I'm happy for you," Louis could hear her smile.

"Yeah. I love him so much," Louis said with a grin.

"Oh god, you're going to be so annoying about this now, aren't you," Eleanor realized.

"I love him I love him I love him I love -" he kept repeating until he got interrupted.

"Who do you love?" his mother asked, "Why is it a him?"

Shit. Shitshitshitshitshitshitshit. This cannot be happening right now.

"Um, no one mum," Louis tried saying.

"Sure. I knew that you were a faggot, I was just hoping you were trying to change your ways with that girlfriend of yours. I guess not. I'm going to go talk with your father and then the three of us are going to have a talk. We'll get one of your aunts to take the girls out," Delilah left the room.

Louis started crying when the door had closed.

"Lou? What happened?" Eleanor asked, concerned.

"My mum, she overheard me saying 'I love him' and I couldn't even make up an excuse before she left to tell my dad," Louis sobbed.

"Oh Lou, I'm so sorry. Just remember, no matter what happens, Harry, all your friends, and I will always be there for you," Eleanor said. 

"Yeah, yeah. Can I call you later?" Louis asked.

"Yeah, of course," Eleanor said then hung up.

Louis immediately called Harry. He couldn't believe he hadn't told Harry he was gay before, but now that he knows he can go to him about things like these. He couldn't express how relieved he was to go to Harry about this. 

"Hey Lou," Harry answered cheerfully.

"Harry," Louis sobbed.

"Oh my god, Lou, are you ok?" Harry asked.