Chapter 28

Y/n's POV

No matter what I did, big brother refused to wake up for me. I worried big brother was dying, but as I went to shake him again to get him to wake up, I heard something coming towards us. I dashed to the bathroom stall that wasn't broken and hid there, suppressing the little cursed energy I had left. "There he is. Sukuna's vessel." Someone said. They came closer to the bathrooms as I heard a second set of footsteps behind the first one. The two people there dragged big brother out of the bathroom before stopping just outside. "We have to hurry, Nanako. The fingers might draw cursed spirits." A girl said.

"Yeah, I know. Please come out, Sukuna." Nanako answered. I covered my mouth, feeling the presence of one of Sukuna's fingers, which always made me feel like throwing up. Someone came running into the station before stopping just outside the bathrooms where the girls were. "Okay, you two, just how many fingers did you feed him?" The new person asked. I recognized the voice, believing that volcano head was just outside the door. "I won't tell you." The second girl answered. 

"Mimiko!" Nanako said. 

"That so? Then die." Volcano head said. I heard and felt him use his technique to burn the two girls before smelling their flesh being burnt. Volcano head walked over to big brother's body before I heard something unravel. "Wake up, Sukuna." Volcano head said. I had to listen as Volcano Head forced big brother to swallow more fingers since I could feel their presence once he unwrapped them. After a few moments, I heard the girls from before coughing and gasping for air. "You're both still alive. Do not waste my time any longer." Volcano head ordered. Volcano heard gasped as I heard a liquid pouring onto the floor from something. I peeked out, seeing him missing a hand and part of his forearm. "I'll give you one second. Move." Sukuna said. Volcano head dashed away from Sukuna as he stood up using big brother's body. Sukuna dusted himself off from the dust that had gathered during big brother's fight with Chozo. "Ah yes, stay there for one moment." Sukuna said. Volcano head and the two girls didn't move before Sukuna turned and started walking towards the bathroom I was hiding in. "Come on out, little fox. Or do I have to come in there and get you?" Sukuna asked. 

"Go Y/n, you need to listen, otherwise you're dead. I don't want you coming back to our shared soul anytime soon." Saki said. I gulped before standing up and stepping out of the bathroom. "Good, glad to see that you're unharmed even after that fight." Sukuna said. He reached out to pat my head, but I stopped him from touching me by backing away. "Guess that makes sense. The last time we met, I killed you." Sukuna said. He turned around and walked towards the two girls and Volcano head, waving his finger for me to follow him. I stayed a fair distance away from him, but followed. Volcano head and the girls were clearly scared out of their minds as Sukuna walked towards them. "You hold your heads quite high." Sukuna said. The girls quickly bowed to their knees while Volcano head got to one knee. Sukuna used something which cut open part of Volcano head's head while the girls were perfectly safe. Volcano head groaned as the attack from Sukuna made him bleed a ton. "Did you believe taking one knee was enough? The bows that bear most hang lowest, yes? But I guess you guys are lightweight. Kids first, you wanted to speak to me. What did you want to ask? I'll grant you a finger's worth of time. Now talk." Sukuna said. I looked at the girls who were on their hands and knees before seeing a bead of sweat hit the floor before one of the girls spoke up. "B-below us there's a man in monk's robes with stitches across his forehead. Please kill him." The girl with light brown hair said.

"And also please free Geto." The other girl asked. It was silent for a minute before the light brown haired girl spoke up again. "We know the location of one other finger you can have. If you kill that man for us, in exchange we'll tell you where it is. Please. Please." The girl begged. Sukuna looked back at me before smirking. "Raise your heads up now." Sukuna ordered. The girl's didn't move at first before slowly looking up at him. Once they both looked at him, Sukuna used another attack to cut the Black haired girl's head home spraying blood onto the other girl.  I covered my mouth watching as her body feel to the floor. The other girl slowly reacted before moving to the body. "Mimiko! Mimiko!" Nanako screamed. Nanako was shaking Mimiko's body clearly thinking she was still alive somehow. "Did you think a measly one or two fingers would grant you the right to order me around?" Sukuna asked. Nanako was begging for Mimiko not to leave or be dead. "How instulting." Sukuna said, looking at Nanako.

"Sukuna! Die!" Nanako shouted. She lifted her phone up to take a picture of Sukuna, but he took her hands without any issue. Nanako screamed in pain as she realized her hands were gone along with her phone. "Now little fox, let's see if you'll actually listen to me now. Kill her and I'll let you live. If not, I'll kill you again." Sukuna threatened. I just looked at the girl not wanting to kill her, but knew I had to if I wanted to survive. "Y/n I know what you're thinking, but you have to kill her. Please don't die here." Saki begged. I walked over standing in front of the girl as she was beginning to cry. I took a deep breath before turning and facing Sukuna. "Big brother wouldn't want me hurting someone innocent. I won't hurt her." I said, raising my arms to protect Nanako.

"Still not listening to me? Guess I should've expected that knowing the punk." Sukuna said, before stepping towards me. I stood my ground wanting to keep Nanako from dying before I felt something hit my chest. I looked down and saw Sukuna's arm in my chest. "The consequences were clear and you've disobeyed me." Sukuna said. I coughed as some blood spilled from my mouth. I activated the last of cursed energy trying to use it to use reverse cursed techniques to heal myself, but it wasn't working. "No, no, no. You're dying here, not permanently of course. I know that little kitsune cursed spirit is still sharing your soul. She'll heal you, but it won't be quick." Sukuna said. He started slowly pulling his arm out of my chest, I managed to keep myself from screaming in pain as he pulled his arm out before I fell to the ground. I watched as Sukuna killed Nananko before my vision faded.

"Oh Y/n, why'd you do that?" Saki asked. I opened my eyes and saw Saki looking down at me clearly sad and a little upset. "Because that's what big brother would've done." I said, smiling at her. Saki was petting my head as I looked around seeing that my head was in her lap in our shared soul area. "Next time think about yourself. What am I supposed to do if we both die? Sukuna could've easily killed both of us." Saki said. I shook my head. "No way. Next time we'll be ready to defend ourselves without him trying to kill us." I said, punching the air above me. Saki and I giggled about my answer before kissing my forehead. "Don't ever change Y/n, now you'll probably grow a third tail this time when I revived you. This will also increase the amount of cursed energy you have. Your cursed techniques will also be stronger, you might even get a new one." Saki said, smiling down at me.

"Yay. I wish we could stay here for a while." I said, closing my eyes. 

"Well you get that wish today since you were so low on cursed energy I'm having a bit of a tough time healing this wound." Saki said. I nodded and just laid there resting my head in her lap. "Thank you for being like a mom to me Saki." I said.

"You're welcome, Y/n. Or should I say sweetie?" Saki asked.

"Either is fine." I answered.