Chapter 3 - Sickness * Comfort?

TWO CHAPTERS IN ONE... DAY?? THAT'S UNEXPECTED OF ME TO DO AFTER I SAID LAST CHAPTER THAT UPDATES ARE SCHEDULED BETWEEN 2-3 MONTHS...

Off topic, but Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 (Part 1 and 2) occurred on the same day (In the story). Does that mean that they're all a part of Chapter 1, and this Chapter is supposed to be Chapter 2? I don't know, I'm too lazy to change the titles so I might leave it as it is... 😭

Anyways, this chapter will be shorter compered to my usual style of writing (My average word count per story ranges between 4k-6k 💀)

Happy reading~ ☆

Tsukasa's POV

I was woken up by the bright rays of sunlight hitting my face and the sound of my phone alarm. I checked the time, it's only 6:30 in the morning. Judging from the sound of nothing but the chirping of birds coming from outside, I assume that the rain had completely stopped last night. I looked to my side just to see Rui sleeping peacefully. His face glowing from the sunrays, his smooth skin, and... Wait- WHY AM I THINKING OF HIM THAT WAY? AND... How did I end up here on the floor?

. . .

Oh yeah...

My mind flashed different things that happened that night. Letting Rui and Saki's bandmates stay in for the night due to the heavy rain, Rui pulling my leg, making me fall on him (admittedly, my head almost hitting the hardwood floor and killing me), and saying things like... "Don't leave me". He's definitely having a nightmare last night, I hope he feels better now that he's in a better circle of friends.

As I continue to admire his sleeping face, I notice that his breathing is heavier and his face is redder than usual. I gently placed my palms on his forehead and to his neck, he felt warm... a little too warm. To confirm my suspicions, I stood up and grabbed my thermometer on my emergency shelf and checked Rui's temperature. I placed the thermometer on his armpit and... 39.6 C, that's a high fever! I quickly rushed downstairs to the kitchen and find my ice pack, medicine, a bucket of cold water, spare towels.

"Good morning brother! By the way, my girlfr- I mean my bandmates... they already left a while ago."

"Morning-" I didn't bother to greet my sister, I was in a rush.

"Onii-chan! Why are you running around a lot? I can hear you from downstairs! Don't tell me you think that you're late again?" Saki exclaimed.

"Rui... he's sick at the moment, I don't think he'll be able to go home." I worriedly inform her.

"W-WHAT? RUI-SAN IS SICK? I'LL HELP YOU! I'LL HEAT UP THE NOODLES FROM LAST NIGHT AND YOU BRING HIM HIS MEDICINE AND OTHER NESSECITIES!" Saki panicked.

"Got it. Don't worry do much okay? I'm sure he'll get better soon."

I brought all the things that Saki asked for upstairs. I opened my room and I saw Rui sitting up. "...Kasa-kun? What is going on?" Rui asked me. I could barely understand what he's saying, his voice sounds restrained.

"You're sick my guy, you need to rest!" I informed the man

"Sick? But I feel fine-" Just as he says something about him being "fine", He tripped on the smooth hardwood floor from attempting on standing up. I immediately rushed to him and tried to catch him.

"RUI- ARE YOU OKAY?" Thankfully I was able to catch him, otherwise I might have to deal with an unconscious Rui lying on the floor.

"Ah... I'm fine, Tsukasa-kun." He uttered as he puts up his smile. We both know that that smile isn't real.