Chapter Two: The First Date

"Is it time for chapter 2?" He asks with a smile and I nod with a smile and repeat the same step as last night. I find myself missing Eddie more each time I repeat this step.

I could never understand how a person didn't move on from their lost love before him, but now I understand completely. I don't think I'll ever move on from Eddie.

"Can Uncle Steve listen?" he asks and I nod. I laugh as he goes off to find his uncle and bring him to the bedroom.

I smile as Steve tucks him in. I would forever be thankful for the man that's helped me raise mine and Eddie's son.

"Are we all ready?" I ask and both of them nod so I start reading.

                                                          Chapter 2: The First Date

Everyday for a few months Eddie and her were inseparable in school and every night they would talk about different music and songs they liked.

The thing that had surprised her the most was Eddie wasn't a snob when it came to music like other metalheads. He preferred the hard sounds of metal, but he knew all genres of music.

They were talking about George Michael currently and Eddie said something that surprised her.

"What did you say?" She asked as she sat up on her bed.

"George Michael is attractive. That's just a plain fact." Eddie said with a shrug. "It's not that big of a deal, sweetheart."

"Of course it's a big deal. No metalhead has ever said a pop act was attractive!" She exclaimed with a laugh.

"I'm not most metalheads." Eddie said, chuckling as he took a bite of his freshly poured cereal.

"That is the truth, Eddie Munson. What are you having for dinner?" She asked and wandered downstairs to get her some food.

"Tiny toast." He said and she scoffed. "Hey don't knock it unless you've had it."

"It's cereal, Edds. You need actual food." She said with a sigh.

"Well, princess, I haven't sold much so there's not much groceries. Wayne isn't working as many hours so they cut his money. Ah the point is it's cheap stuff." He said venting his frustration out a little bit.

"Not tonight, Munson. I've wanted to ask you on a date for a while. Let's go tonight. I'll pay." She said softly. "Or give you the money so you can pay if your ego is fragile." She teased; the smile was evident in her voice.

"Wait. Are you for real?" He asked, sounding shocked that she asked him out. He'd explain that he wasn't the dating type later.

"Yeah. I'm serious. You can drive my car again." She had grown accustomed to being the passenger in her car when they hung out after school.

"Yeah. Sounds good. Give me an hour to finish my cereal and then clean up." He said.

She nodded her head even though he couldn't see her, "Alright see you in an hour." She said and hung up to get ready for their date.

It was an impromptu type date, but she knew that they'd have fun. She wore ripped jeans and a Metallica band t figuring Eddie would be wearing ripped jeans and a hellfire shirt. He had made an excess of them so he had plenty to wear.

An hour later she was on her way to the trailer park. Her parents spent days on end at the labs so she didn't have to worry about them waiting at home. Truth be told, they were not happy with her choice in friends. Being Baptists they had thought Eddie Munson was a follower of the devil. She didn't care what they thought because she knew Eddie better than the ordinary people in town.