The Triwizard Tournament and Defense Against the Dark Arts class

The new students were quickly sorted, and Professor Dumbledore began his habitual beginning-year speech. But this time, something was different, there was a goblet in the middle of the room. During the headmaster’s speech I understood that it was the goblet of fire from the Triwizard Tournament. The Triwizard Tournament is a competition where three students from three different schools are going to meet into three different trials. Fortunately, we need to be at least seventeen to participate, so I do not have to worry about my brother or anybody else close to me because they are all fourteen years old maximum. I admit that the cup is very impressive, she is not excessively big but she’s very beautiful with the engraving all over her. So, we are going to welcome two other schools for the Triwizard Tournament which will take place at Hogwarts. I think this year will be exciting!
We were finally able to eat and go to bed. But I wanted to talk to Mattheo first, I hadn’t talked to him in a long time, and I missed him a lot. So, I went to him.
- “Hey, Mattheo, what’s up?
- “Hey Mary, I'm fine and you? I saw you while I was leaving the train, you were crying in Harry’s arms, is everything okay? Did Theo said something he didn’t have to?
- “Oh…, hum…, yes, everything is fine, it was just… Nothing, and why are you just like my brother? Why would Theo hurt me? He asked me the same question as you just did.
- “It’s just that you don’t deserve to be hurt, and even if Theodore’s my best friend, I won’t let him hurt you.
- “Aw, so cute, you could have all the girls you want with these sentences.
- “I don’t care about girls, they are all the same except some of them like you, I think that’s why we are friends.
- “Only friends?! I thought we were best friends! You’re going to offend me!
He had sorry look on his face, so I laughed and spoke
- “Don’t worry, I was joking, you don’t have to worry about that. You are my best friend, and nothing will change this. Not even my brother.
- “Okay, okay, I really thought you were going to be mad at me or something.
- “How could I be mad at you? You’re so kind!
- “That’s not what your brother’s thinking, I understand that he doesn’t like me, but, fun fact, I don’t hate him, I would really like to be his friend, but because of what my father did…
I think he saw my sad eyes, so he stopped his sentence.
- “Sorry Mary, I didn’t mean to talk about that.
- “Don’t worry, it’s alright.
We were arrived at the Gryffindor tower, so we entered in the common room, and we went in our dormitories. Before, I wished a goodnight to Harry, Mattheo, Neville, Ron, and Hermione. Then Ginny and I went in our room. Our stuff was already there, waiting for us. I put my pyjamas on and fell asleep quick.
The next morning, it’s Ginny who woke me up, telling me that we were going to be late for class if I didn’t get out of the bed. I quickly get dressed and ran downstairs to have a breakfast. On my way I met Mattheo who was also a bit late. We ate together and we went to our respective classes. My first class of the day was potions with the professor Snape. I’m not trying to brag, but I’m pretty good at potions, I think I got this from my mother. I noticed last year that Snape wasn’t as mean to me as to the other students in my class. I didn’t completely understand last year, I thought it was because I was good at potions, but Harry told me that he was mean to Hermione even if she’s very good at it. But now I understand why. Sirius told us that my mother was very close to Snape, so I think he’s a bit nicer to me because I really look like her, and I don’t know, but maybe he thinks that if he talks badly to me, it will be like talking badly to his childhood friend Lily.
My next class was Defence Against the Dark Arts, Harry told me that this post is cursed, no teacher has stayed there for more than a year. And I think it’s true because every year I got a new teacher for this class. Last year I was very sad when I heard that Professor Lupin had left the post because of his condition. Harry told me he was a werewolf, so I was sad that he left for that reason, personally I don’t care if he’s a werewolf or not, we learned so many things thanks to him. But this year it will be different, a new teacher means new stuff to learn. I was looking forward this class. When we entered the classroom, Ginny, and I, we went straight to the front row so we could see as much as possible the board and what the teacher could show us. For this class, we were with the Ravenclaw students. Suddenly, Professor Moody barged in, and we all jumped.
- “Who in this class can tell me more about the Unforgivable Curses?”, he shouted, “Nobody? Let’s see…You!”
He was pointing at Ginny. She answered:
- “My father told me about one, the Imperius Curse, I think.
- “Yes! You’re right miss Weasley. This Curse is used to control other people. Does somebody have another one to tell us about? Yes miss…
- “Lovegood. Luna Lovegood. I heard about the Cruciatus Curse. Isn’t it the most painful curse?
- “Absolutely! The person who is subjected to this spell suffers pain such as cannot be imagined. Who else can give me the last Unforgivable Curse?”
I slowly raised my hand. I knew the answer, of course, that was obvious.
- “Yes, miss Potter?
- “The last Curse is the Killing Curse.
- “Of course, this day, nobody survived this Curse, nobody, except your brother miss Potter. Am I right?
- “Yes…you are professor…
- “Now I will train you to resist one of these spells. The Imperius Curse to be precise. Everyone gets up from your seats and move to the back or sides of the room, I’m going to remove the tables.
We complied and Ginny and I headed to the back of the room. I was scared. I didn’t want to be put under that spell.
- “Okay, now that we have space, come on, come closer to me. Who’s the first one?
Ginny is very brave, so she raised her hand and Moody told her to come in front of him. He cast the spell on her, and Ginny started running around like a madwoman, and then suddenly stopped, she was resisting the spell. I was very proud of her and applauded her loudly, followed by the other students.
- “Well done miss Weasley! Next one, miss Potter?
My blood ran cold when he said my name. I walked slowly forward and started to concentrate. I felt the spell on me, I couldn’t resist, I didn’t have enough strength. I’m not as strong as Ginny or my brother. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t resist the spell. Then I didn’t feel anything, the last thing I remembered was the hard floor and Ginny’s scream.