Selected!

Time went by, and we were already the 31st of October. The day the Goblet of Fire would reveal the names of the champions of each school. We couldn’t wait the evening. We all wished for Katie Bell to be named, but Cedric Diggory was also a good candidate. The day was so long, but finally, dinner time came. We ate and at the end of the Halloween feast, Professor Dumbledore stood up and we all stayed quiet.
- “Now, the moment you all wait for, the Selection of the Champions.”
Professor Dumbledore went to the Goblet, touched her and the flames became red. Suddenly, a paper got out of the Goblet and Dumbledore caught it. He read it then said:
- “The Durmstrang champion is… Viktor Krum!”
The called Krum stood up under a burst of clapping mostly from is school and came to Dumbledore who showed him a door at the front of the room.
Then, another paper came out of Goblet, and he get caught by Dumbledore. Again, he said:
- “The Beauxbatons champion is… Fleur Delacour!’’
A beautiful blonde girl stood up and came to Dumbledore, then she went in the same room as Krum did.
Instantly after she left another paper came out of the Goblet. It was the Hogwarts champion. The silence was heavy.
Dumbledore caught the paper in the air and read it:
- “And now, the Hogwarts champion is… Cedric Diggory!”
We applause with the others but it was just a polite clapping. We all wanted Katie to be chosen. We watched Cedric going in the room behind the Great Hall.
- “Well, now we have our three champions, we need to wish them luck, they will face many dangers….”
He stopped his sentence and stared at the Goblet. The flames were red again. A paper got out of them, and Dumbledore caught it. He read the name and he looked around the room, he was looking for someone.
- “Harry Potter? Where’s Harry Potter?”
I turned around to look at Harry. How was that possible? He couldn’t compete! He was too young! Hermione told him to stand up and he came to Dumbledore who leads him to the room where the other champions were. I couldn’t believe this. My brother will participate to championship where he wasn’t even allowed to participate! I couldn’t really explain how I felt at this moment. I was shocked, terrified about him, I wanted to cry, to scream. I wanted to cancel the Tournament so Harry couldn’t participate in it. That was a nightmare.
When we get back to the common room, everyone was talking about that. We wondered if Harry would participate. Hermione said:
- “Mr Crouch, who introduced us the Triwizard Tournament, said that if we were selected by the Goblet of Fire, we were in the obligation to participate in the Tournament. I’m sorry Mary, but I think he must participate.”
I ran in my dorm. It couldn’t be possible. He’s only fourteen. He’s just a boy. I thought about that, alone, in the dark and in my bed, until I fell asleep.
The next day, I woke up, got dressed, and came downstairs to have breakfast. It was early in the morning, so the common room was empty. Or so I thought. I spotted Harry in front of the fireplace. I went sitting next to him.
- “Couldn’t sleep too?”, I asked.
- “Indeed.
We sat there, in silence. Then I asked him:
- “Harry, …
- “I know what you’re going to ask me, you’re going to ask me if I put my name in the Goblet of Fire. I’ll answer you the same as I did for Dumbledore, McGonagall, and Mr. Crouch. So, no Mary, I didn’t put my name in the Goblet of Fire. I don’t know who did that and why, but that’s not the question, or at least not now because I’m in a real mess. That’s serious Mary, those tasks that I’m going to face are seriously dangerous. I could be hurt, or worse, I could die.
- “No, Harry, the worst thing that can happen, it’s that you’re expelled.”
We laughed; joking is the best way to diffuse the tension. I think Fred and George had an influence on me.
- “No but I’m serious Mary.
- “I know. Don’t you think I already thought about that yesterday when I was in my bed? Don’t you think I thought about all that during the night because I couldn’t sleep? Harry! Don’t you think I already thought about all the possibilities to make you not compete in this Tournament?
- “I didn’t sleep too. I’m scared Mary! I’m too young, I don’t know as much spells as the other champions do.
- “I think we can solve that problem. I’ll talk to Hermione first then we’ll tell you about that. Now, let’s have breakfast, I’m hungry.
- “You? Hungry? How’s that possible?
- “I’m fine Harry. Now that I broke up with Theo I’m fine. It’s such a release.
- “I know you won’t like what I’m going to tell you but, I told you so! Not explicitly, but I told you he was weird, and that was I didn’t like him at first, I felt something strange with him. But you were too in love to notice.
I stayed silent. Harry was right. Now I remember how I was at the beginning of our relationship; I was so in love that I didn’t notice some weird habits of Theo. First, he couldn’t stop calling me “babe” or “baby” and I really don’t like that, second, sometimes he ignored me when he was with his friends, he didn’t even introduce me to them, if I knew some of them, it was thanks to Draco and Mattheo, then, he would always touch me, hug me, and now I think that was awkward but before it didn’t bother me because my boyfriend was my world, I was loved, I replaced my dead’s parent’s love by my boyfriend’s.
- “Come with me Mary, let’s have breakfast!”, said Harry.
I followed him and we went into the Great Hall. It was almost empty, we were early in the morning, and it was the holidays, so everyone was sleeping. We ate while we were talking about everything and anything.
- “Harry, I’ve got something to ask you, and please take that ask seriously.
- “Go on.
- “Okay, so I was wondering if, maybe you would teach me how to create a Patronus, I think I’m ready now, I think you can teach me now, you told me I was too young last year but now I’m ready to learn. Please….
- “Oh…I admit that I knew you would ask me someday, so I thought about that, and I think that you are now able to learn how to make a Patronus.
- “Yes! I’m so excited! When can we start? I already finished my homework for next week. Hermione wanted them to be done at the end of the first week of the holidays.
- “I thought about this afternoon if you’re free.
- “Yes. I am, so we’ll meet in the Room of Requirement at 3p.m. How’s that to you?
- “That’s perfect!
- “Great. I need to leave you, I’m going to get dressed, we are going to Hogsmeade with Mattheo and Draco.
- “You really spent a lot of your free time with Mattheo, are you two…
- “No! Of course not! We are just friends, he’s my best friend but nothing more! By the way, I thought you hated him!
- “That was right, but as you asked me, I’m trying to change on that point. That’s hard, I don’t deny, but I’m trying. I still can’t forget what his father did.
- “But I’m not asking you to forget about that, I’m asking you to admit and to accept the fact that he got nothing to do with our parent’s death. I would like to talk to you more, but I need to get dressed. So, see you this afternoon.
- “Okay, see you later sis!"