All in a day's work

Lena had been able to bounce back to work, like nothing had ever happened. As if she hadn't almost had been shot. Today was her 2nd day back to work. Oh, and, it's also the day of the venture take off. Lena couldn't wait for that. She was so excited and eager. So, imagine her fury and disappointment when she learned that she could'nt make it do to an emergcy.

As she walked into L-corp, her assistant, Jess, told her that her interview was there. Lena sighed and rolled her eyes and looked toward the person, her breath hitched to the back of her throat when she saw her wife standing there with a small smirk, along side her cousin who maintained a neutral expression.

Kara's POV

Clark and I followed Ms. Luthor in her office, "There's a perfectly reasonable explanation for why I wasn't abord the Venture today," She said as she walked over the her silver rack and placed her coat on it, "That's why we're here," Clark said in response. "It was an emergency regarding a ceremony I'm holding tomorrow. I'm renaming my families company and I had to cancel. Also, if you don't know, I just got out of the hospital the other week, so I've been taking things as slow as possible," She said as she removed the hair from her face. I had to admit, again, my wife was gorgeous as heck.

 "Oh, lucky." said Clark. Darn it, I forgot he was here too, "Lucky is the Supers saving the day," She chuckled, "Not something one would expect a Luthor to say," Clark said chuckling, but you could tell it was half-real. I fiddled with my notepad, "A-and Supergirl was there too," I said with a tiny smirk that only she could see. The stuttering is only for show, obviously.

She turned to me and raised an eyebrow, "And who are you exactly?" she asked with a smile as she walked over to her cabinet which she poured herself a glass of water. I know she's pretending, because, how would Cat Grant's assistant know Lena Luthor, right?

"Um, um, I-I'm Kara Danvers. I'm not with the Daily Planet, I'm with Catco Magazine, sorta," I stammered, earning a weird look from Kal-el to which I shrugged off. She still has that effect on me. Rao, I love her so much.

"That's a publication not known for it's hard-eating journalism. It's more like, high-waisted jeans, yes or no?" She spoke up as she walked over to marble desk. We looked eyes for a moment, "Um, um, I'm just- tagging along today," I said and she nodded as she looked at her papers, "Right, can we just speed this interview along, and just ask what you want to ask, Mr. Kent? You want to know if I had anything to do with what happened to the Venture," She spoke as she picked up her pen and began pretending as if she were scanning over the documents that were in front of her. I could tell she was trying so hard not to look at me.

She looked back up at us, as Kal- Clark drew in a breath as he spoke, "Did you?" He asked as in a light tone, though you could hear the venom masked underneath, "You wouldn't be asking if my last name was 'Smith'", She said as Clark's jaw tightened.

 "Ah, but it's not. It's Luthor," He said causing me to clutch onto the pen tighter.

Lena turned back to us, "Ooh. Some steel under that Kansas whit. For someone who was my brother's best friend, you sure as hell, don't like him or his family," She said as Clark gave her a very tight lipped smile. I kicked his foot a little, and he looked at me confused, but I ignored him and listened to what Lena had to say.

"It wasn't always.  I was adopted into the Luthor family when I was 4, The person who made me feel most welcomed was Lex. He made me proud to be a Luthor..." She said as she locked eyes with me one more time, I gave her a small nod, silently telling her to continue, "Then he went on his reign of terror, in Metropolis," she said turning her chair around. Clark began to use his X-ray vision, I pretended too, because I already knew what was in the office and what was not.