0.2 prologue ✔️

prologue "fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches takes wings

prologue
"fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches takes wings.
only one thing endures and that is character."
- horace greely

˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

     SWEATY bodies and heavy breaths.

     Summer had treated Amelia Hopper extremely well. The girl had went as far as to claim that summer loved her, the crisp breeze and heat complimenting everything about her. The brunette loved all seasons, but none as much as she just absolutely adored summer in the city. The music, the smells, the vibes in general. . . God, Amelia Hopper really, really loved summer. And this summer? Well, this summer had been absolutely wonderful.

     If she had to explain it in one word? Pleasurable. . .

     Between juggling work and an internship, Amelia spent her free time wisely. And by wisely, she meant tangled up in sheets of which did not belong to her. . . And in a car parked remotely that didn't belong to her. . . And accompanied in a shower that defiantly wasn't in her apartment. Yes, her entire summer had been spent doing. . . exercising activities, to put it that way.

       And she was currently engaged in one.

     A week from school start, and Amelia was currently seated on a kitchen counter wearing nothing but a breezy summer dress. His body was attached to hers like glue, hungry kissed leaving a trail form her lips, to her jaw and finally her neck. The brunette threw her head back as a moan ripped from her mouth, confirming to the blue eyed boy that she was tremendously enjoying what he was doing. He grinned against her skin, nibbling ever so slightly. His hands slipped underneath her thighs as he lifted her up. Effective immediately. She wrapped her legs around his lean torso, pulling him as close as possible. Her hands tugged at the ends of his hair as their lips reconnected. His footsteps carried them in direction of his bedroom, a route they'd been track far too many times that summer.

     Having sex for the first time since her and Devon had broken up was weird. It was like loosing her virginity all over again. Being that close and intimate with another person felt so strange, but so damn good. It was felt like the final step to completely moving on from her ex, and it was amazing. Amelia never thought she'd be the one to sneak around the upper east side with a mystery someone. Not even Dan or Jenny knew why or who she kept sneaking off to see. The Hopper girl was hoping to keep it that way. With summer ending, so would this fling. At least that was the plan. Amelia had made it very clear when they started sneaking around to hook up at it was a one time thing. And then a two time thing. And then. . . Well, you can count for yourself.

     Upon realizing that she had absolutely zero will power nor any intention of rejecting his advances, Amelia gave into spending her summer letting loose. But of course, she couldn't let completely loose without knowing there were some sort of 'rules' for their arrangement. Call her a control freak if you may, the girl didn't care. She just wanted to make sure it remained exactly how it started; light and exciting. So she demanded that it would only last for the summer, and he had agreed. The second summer ended, so would their fling. And after that, the would never talk about it again. Ever.