2.3 chapter three

CHAPTER THREETHE DARK NIGHT"what's been on your mind?for me, it's just you all the time"˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

CHAPTER THREE
THE DARK NIGHT
"what's been on your mind?
for me, it's just you all the time"
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

In these last few hazy days of summer; a few simple tips to beat the heat.
One, drink plenty of fluids. Two, stay out of the sun.
Three, limit all physical activity. That is, within reason. . .
And if the heats still too much, there's always a cold shower.

˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

     EVEN before Amelia tripped and spilled her hot chocolate all over the ground, she was having a rotten day.

     "That might have been fate, you know." Dan chided, helping the girl get to her feet. "It's way to warm out for hot chocolate."

     The Hopper girl rolled her eyes as a scoff morphed on her lips. "It's never too warm out for hot chocolate, Humphrey."

     Amelia wasn't suppose to be spending her day hanging around Dan. Both of them had respective others they would much rather spend their time with. Dan and Serena had made up secretly ( well, Amelia knew because of the bus ride, but other than that no one knew ), and Amelia and Nate had agreed to give whatever they had before summer yet another go. That's actually who the girl intended to spend her day with; Nate. But he had stood her up in the last minute, and as chance would have it, Dan was in close enough vicinity that Amelia decided to steal him away from Serena as an replacement.

     To say that Amelia was fairly disappointed that Nate had blown her off would be absolutely correct. Despite the two of them having just decided to give things another go, Nate had been quick to return to his old habits. Just before he dropped her at the start of summer, the Archibald kept blowing Amelia and their plans off. And apparently it only took a few days for him to start again. He had swore up and down this was a one time thing, and that he'd make it up to her, but Amelia couldn't help the doubt creeping in on her. Therefore she needed Dan to distract her until Nate could call her up again like promised.

     "So what's up with you and Serena?" Amelia questioned after dusting her pants off with her hands. Dan shot her a look of confusion. "Oh please, Jenny and Dan might buy this whole 'Clyde" cover, but I know you. If you actually got a new friend that would have been even bigger news than getting back together with Serena."

     The Humphrey boy rolled his eyes at the girl. "We're. . . friendly." Dan replied.

He had no idea what to even classify what was going on between and Serena as. They broke things off before summer only to spend the night together at a beach the night of the white party. Every since then, they'd been sneaking around with each other. The Humphrey would be lying if he said he didn't enjoy being back with the blonde, but he couldn't deny his share of doubt either. They needed to work out every issue that had broken them up before summer. If not, they couldn't possibly last any longer than the previous time.