01. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐜

MORNING HAD FINALLY                        came, i woke up to the sound of heavy footsteps near me

MORNING HAD FINALLY
                        came, i woke up to the sound of heavy footsteps near me. I slowly opened my eyes rubbing them and sitting up, looking around. I saw carl leaning over making some ruffling sound with a bag he pulled out, it was cereal. The boy hadn't noticed it was awake yet. I sighed tiredly as he walked into the kitchen, i could hear plates being moved. He then walked back into the living room holding a plate filled with cereal. He realized I was awake, "hungry?" He asked. I just shook my head, i was never really a breakfast eater.

The boy just walked towards where the stairs were, he walked upstairs into a room. I slowly got up walking upstairs as well. I walked into the room i was familiar with. i walked over to the corner book shelf, I didn't really feel like reading an actual book. I leaned down looking through the comic books. One of them caught my eye, it was a scarlet witch 1994 comic. I remember begging my parents for this one.

A smile appeared on my face as I walked over to the bed, laying back on my stomach and reading the comic. A few minutes passed and i began to hear yelling downstairs. Carl was trying to wake up his dad, i mean rick was awfully tired. I got up, closing my comic book as i walked out the room. I walked downstairs, I didn't walk fully down. I leaned against the railing of the stairs. "Has he woken up yet?"

Carl gave me a stare, he looked away but something began to thud on the door. It caught both of our attention, carl got up and walked away. "Were are you going?" I asked. "Im gonna lure them away, what do you think?" He quietly walked out the back door. At least he took his gun with him.

I heard a voice from the front door. "Hey you!"
"Fresh meat, right here. Come and get it"
The pounding stop, god was this boy crazy?.
I thought about it for a minute, should i help him?. I sighed walking towards the back door. By the time i went to the front he was gone. I scoffed looking around, i heard grunting not too far.

I began to run, i heard a nearby thump. I looked around and saw two walkers on top of carl. While another was walking towards him. I took out my pocket knife and wrapped my left hand around the walkers neck and plunged the knife inside his skull making the walker fall down on top of carl.

There was now three walkers on top of carl, he leaned his head back panting. I walked closer to him dragging the 3rd walker with maggots in his head off of carl. Carl wiggled his way out of the other two. He got up breathing heavily, he then leaned over holding onto his stomach. He threw up.

"your disgusting." I made a disgusted face. He looked at me as he wiped his mouth with his flannel sleeve.
He rolled his eyes at me and walked away. "Holy shit, what is your problem?" I asked as i walked behind him. He walked for a few seconds, walking infront an empty road. He'd turn to look at me, "you really wanna know what my problem is?!" He pushed me back.

I was trying my best to not loose my temper, "look listen! I know you and your dad are going through tough shit, but no need to take it out on me!"
The boy just rolled his eyes. "Listen, im the reason that you dont have to worry about moving places every night." I began to lower my voice down. "No, we could've just killed you, I could've killed you." He mumbled, but loud enough for me to hear. "But you didn't carl." I nudged him, walking infront of him.
"Whatever lets just go back."

Me and him walked back to the house in silence, once we walked in carl walked straight over to his dad. "I killed three walkers. They were at the door but they were gonna get in. But i lured them away, i killed them." The boy was talking to his father, who was passed out on the couch. I ignored him, i just walked upstairs back into the room upstairs.

I sat on the bed reading comic books, but i could tell carl was angry with his father by the yelling from downstairs. I tried my best to ignore it, I wanted to comfort him but carl was such a dick. Downstairs was quiet for a few minutes until carl walked upstairs slowly opening the door i was in.

I glanced up to see him, his eyes were a soft red color. Maybe he was crying. "Im gonna go look for food, wanna come." He asked trying to not sound like hes sorry. "yeah." I got up and followed him, was this his sorry? We walked out of the house and walked the empty streets while carl had an empty bag on his shoulder. We were kinda quiet the whole time until carl spotted a white house.

"Cmon" he walked towards the house as i followed behind the boy, he pulled up those lights that people stick in the dirt. I didn't really understand why he needed them. He walked towards the door, but backed up and ran towards the door with full strength. Hitting the door then falling down grunting.

"So that was your idea genius?" I stood not to far from him just watching. He layed on the floor for a few seconds. "damn it." He sat up grabbing his gun and the light thing. "If your so smart then how do we open the door?" He looked at me.

"Let me see." I grabbed the light stick and walked towards the white door, he moved out the way. I put the stick in between the door pushing it with my body until it finally opened. "There." I walked in. The house was pretty trashed, we looked around.

Carl walked towards the shelves and picked up the canned food, putting it in the bag he had. I walked to a nearby room, looking for things. I was tired, sleepy tired. I didn't find much, I eventually hear the sound of two gunshots, then three. I run upstairs to see carl breathing heavily and writing on the brown door with chalk. The door read 'walker inside got my shoe, didn't get me.'

I looked down to see the boy without a shoe, i smiled and laughed a bit. "Its not that funny." He smiled slightly, "oh really?" I smiled back. "You find anything?" He asked as his smile faded slightly.
"Chocolate pudding, it was down stairs." I handed it to him. "Cmon, he took out a silver spoon and walked into a room as i followed behind him.

He walked towards a window and opened it, he climbed out the window and sat down the edge of the roof. He looked back at me "don't be scared, cmon."
I looked at him and held onto the window's edges. I carefully climbed out and sat by him. He was stuffing his mouth with the chocolate pudding i had found. "want some?" He offered "sure."

He handed me the chocolate pudding and the spoon he used too. "Thanks." I ate a spoon of chocolate pudding as my feet dangled at the edge of the roof. I handed it back to him. "Maybe your not that bad." I heard the boy mumble before taking another spoonful of chocolate pudding, I smiled as i heard those words. "You aren't as bad neither." I smiled looking down at the grass. I haven't really talked to anybody my age for a while, maybe this was good.

"When i walked into the room, you were reading a comic." He looked at me "yeah, so?" I looked at him back as my head tilt a bit. "What kind was it?" He asked "why, you like comics too?" I gave him a gentle smile as he nodded. "Well, the one i was reading was a Black widow agent of shield comic." I looked at my feet. "Do you have more?" He asked

"Yeah i do."

Thats what me and carl did until night, we talked we about random things and read about more than twenty comics. Me and him were beginning to become friends, i was right he wasn't so bad after all.
I kind of liked him, he was nice to talk to and it wasn't hard to come up with a conversation.

When it got late me and the boy just put all the comic books up and went downstairs to go back to sleep.

-🎀
sorry for the boring chapter!, maybe the next chapter will be more interesting. This chapter was short too so i also apologize for thatt. If i mess up with spelling do nottt blame me. I type really fast. 😪