9. Zoya's Wedding, Friends, Love, Laughter

We stepped out of the airport in Jaipur, the warm breeze and the vibrant colors of the city instantly took my heart. But the bride-to-be is nowhere to be found! My best friend never turns up on time, and I'm, not really surprised by that, to be honest!

"Aish, call Zoya na! She must have forgotten to get us picked" Chandrika said as I could already see her face falling! Why can't my bestie ever turn up on time? When she knows that her guests would be waiting for her at the Airport, but she is just too lost to be true!

As soon as I dialed her number the distant hum of a luxury car's engine broke through the air, and a sleek, silver sedan emerged, adorned with delicate flower garlands!

Zoya pulled up in style, her presence commanding attention! Dressed in a fusion of modern elegance and traditional charm, she stepped out of the car, exuding a blend of excitement and mild stress. Her usually well-coiffed hair had a few rebellious strands, evidence of a hectic day! But indeed! My bride-to-be bestie does look so ethnic right now!

"Aisha! Chandrika! Look at you two, turning heads already" she exclaimed, and I could genuinely see her face brighten up after seeing us!

"You look stunning, Zoya! This city and your wedding are like a dream come true" I said to her while hugging her like anything! I'm sure that I am going to be the one who's going to cry more than her mother on her vidaai!

"Aisha here can't stop gushing about Jaipur. It's like she's found her true love in the Pink City" Chandrika added up in the conversation as I could already sense her mood enlightened! But why does she tease me like that every time?? It's an answer still unknown to me.

"Well, Aisha, who knows? Maybe you'll find a handsome boy just like you want during the wedding festivities" Zoya said while grinning just too hard!

"Oh, please. I'm here for the dance and the food, not for a royal romance" Of course I'm not a girl who is going to find a lover at her best friend's wedding for sure! And for god's sake, why can't they shut up for once in their life?

"We'll see about that" she said while winking.

As we drove to the hotel, Zoya continued her matchmaking banter but still, it was her wedding and I was in no mood to ruin it, so I kept quiet, and I think that I made a huge mistake while not saying anything to these clumsy rats!

"You know, Aisha, I've heard there's a Rajasthani prince just waiting to sweep you off your feet. Tall, handsome, and a fan of poetry" Zoya said while still talking about my good-for-nothing boy who just seems too impossible to find!

"Poetry, really?" Does she really think that I'm a fan of poetry? I must say that my best friend is just too unaware of the fact that I do not like poetry at all!

"Oh, Aisha, imagine a romantic dance under the Jaipur moonlight. It could be the perfect Bollywood love story" Chandrika said while joining in the conversation but how can my little sister miss a moment to tease me right? She is always after my life for her waste of space reasons!

"If I end up in a Bollywood love story, I blame both of you" I said while still not believing the fact that I'd be having a moonlight romantic dance in Jaipur itself!

Upon reaching the hotel, Zoya gathered us in the lobby for a crash course on wedding rituals, it wasn't needed at all but still, I had to listen to it because my best friend wanted her wedding to be the perfect of every wedding in this world! And why not? It's Zoya's wedding, and it ought to be perfect after all!

"Okay, listen up, my two musketeers! Tomorrow is the mehndi ceremony. We get henna on our hands, and rumor has it, the darker the color, the more your husband will love you" Zoya said as if we were too new to this world, that we didn't even know the old Hindi movie dialogues people use to repeat every time they used to put Mehandi on their hands!

"Aisha, you better be ready for some serious henna competition" Chandrika said while grinning like a goofball!

"The sangeet is the next day. It's all about music, dance, and having a blast. Then comes the big day – wedding bells, rituals, and a whole lot of love. Finally, the reception, where we party till, we drop" she continued.

"So, just a casual week of festivities, right?" I said with a little smirk on my face.

"Exactly! And who knows, maybe you'll find your handsome Prince on the dance floor" This girl doesn't know how to stop! Does she? It's her time to focus on her wedding and I don't know for what reason this girl is just after my life to find a man and make him my silly boyfriend! Why can't she just concentrate on her wedding?

"Zoya, it's time to focus on your wedding instead of mine right now! And I hope you keep in mind that I'm not really interested in all the boyfriend drama that you want me to be in with"

"Okay okay chill Aish!!!! We're not forcing on you and yes, indeed! It is my wedding and the spotlight is on me, so unpack your lehengas and get ready for some real fun ladies!"

As we entered the hotel, laughter echoed through the lobby. Little did I know, Jaipur had surprises in store for me, in terms of love! But will I ever be able to buy that little love from the store? That fact still remains too unknown to me! 

 Little did I know, Jaipur had surprises in store for me, in terms of love! But will I ever be able to buy that little love from the store? That fact still remains too unknown to me! 

Heyyy my pretty readers>> So finally Aisha has arrived in the pink city!! Tell me what do you feel about her right now?

Stay hungry for more chapters ahead which will be too thrilling for sure!! And why won't they be? It's Zoya's wedding Afterall!!!! 

Stay tuned! And don't forget to vote and comment down your thoughts for the same>>

With Love: 🫶🩷