Chapter 13---Part 1

Audrie POV.

I flew Sina to an earth kingdom army base thingy. I landed us behind a small unoccupied cliff that was surrounded by tall trees and woodland plants. When we landed I got off of Sina, told her to turn light brown, and started setting up camp. Once I was done getting food and some water I gathered twigs and branches and set them alit with a simple fire bending move that I watched the Fire Nation do at the North Pole. After awhile, I settled down and sat in front of the fire. Sina came over and put a wing over me and I cuddled into her big soft scales on her back and the fluffy feathers on her wings. Before I knew it I fell asleep.

Aang POV

I can't believe Audrie left us! Did we do something wrong?! Did I do something wrong?! Was she mad?! Was she sad?! Did she... just not want to be with me?

Yesterday we left Master Pakku and now we are flying on Appa to General Fong's base. "Hey Aang, I found a letter. It's from...your sister, Audrie!" Katara says as I flick the reins. I jump up as soon as Katara says Audrie's name. "Really! Give me the letter! Give me!" I exclaim as I jump into the saddle and quickly grab the letter out of Katara's hands. I read it out loud.

"Dear Aang,
I didn't leave because of you or Katara or Sokka. I left because something's...happened. Don't worry though, I'm not hurt or anything, I promise.
I want you to know that I will always be near you incase you need help or your group needs protection. Know that I'll always be watching and that I'll always be watching you and making sure you get out of dangerous situations alive. See you guys soon. Tell Katara and Sokka I said hi!
With love, Audrie."

After I was finished I sighed now knowing that she was ok. Even though now she's older than me, I was once the older sibling; so I still worry about her in that way. I looked over at my friends and they were smiling. I got back on Appa's head and guided him down towards General Fong's base. When we landed a man with a long, bushy beard brown beard and hair stood in front of us along with some other Earth Kingdom soldiers.

"Welcome Avatar Aang! I am General Fong, and welcome, to all of you great heroes! Appa, Momo, brave Sokka, the mighty Katara..." General Fong started. "Mighty Katara? I like that." Katara mumbled. General Fong started again. "Oh! And I almost forgot! Welcome also, Avatar Audrie?...Is she here?" He asked. Sokka out a hand on my shoulder. "No, she's not. She'll probably be here soon though." I answered while looking down. He frowned but quickly shrugged it off.

Fireworks sounded and we turned to see an amazing display of fireworks. "Not bad, not bad!" Sokka praised as we walked away.

We went into a spacious room and sat on the floor as Fong sat at his desk. I looked around. The room was green and white with golden and brown accents. Typical Earth Kingdom. The room had multiple jade like pillars that reached the ceiling and added to what little the room had. On the far side of the wall, was a lone window that looked over what I'm guessing is the court yard. I positioned on the cushion and payed attention to General Fong.

"Avatar Aang, we were all amazed at the stories of how you single handedly wiped out an entire Fire Navy fleet at the North Pole," Fong said while stroking his beard. "I can't imagine what it feels like to wield such devastating power. It's an awesome responsibility." He finished. "I try not to think about it much." I say casually. I swear I heard a snort from the corner of the room. I turn and look around but see nothing.

"Avatar, you are ready to face the Fire Lord now." He said. We all gaped at him. Before any of us could answer him, a voice from the corner of the room answers. We all turn and stare at Audrie leaning against a pillar. "Ummmm, no. First he didn't single handedly take out the fleet. He had help...from me, our friends, and the rest of the Northern tribe. Secondly, he-no we, as the avatars: the saviors of this war, aren't doing this. I'm gonna teach Aang the elements and THEN we'll fight Ozai. Together. We will restore balance and peace among the nations and world go on with our lives, hopefully restoring the fallen nation of the Air Nomads, our people." She told him. The last part of the comment sounded so wise. Just like Monk Gyatso. Like the other monks. She walked over past us to Fong's desk. "Well, while you take your time learning the elements, the war goes on. May I show you something?" He says while leading my sister and I to the window. "That's the infirmary, and those are the lucky ones. They came back. Everyday, the Fire nation takes lives. People are dying, Aang, Audrie! You could end it, now! Think about it." He said as some soldiers lead us to our rooms. Once there Audrie excused herself.

Audrie's POV/:/

I was meditating when I had a gut feeling to go down a small pathway. Once at the end, I saw a war base. I snuck in and followed my senses to a room, I snuck in through a hidden door in a pillar. I stood behind a pillar and listened to the conversation between Aang, Katara, Sokka, and some weird dude with a beard that needed to be cut off. I snorted a few times during the conversation because this guy, the bushy beard guy, was a good and bad manipulator. He was believable but what he was saying had crazy written all over it. And I mean crazy. Like fire benders bending water crazy.

After awhile I decided to intervene, he is manipulating my brother. After my failed attempt I went to go talk to him. Alone. Without Aang. Or Katara. Or Sokka. No soldiers. Face to face. Me and him.

I walked over to his desk, picked him up by his collar, and slammed him into the wall. He winced at the impact but I couldn't care less. "You're saying that we, mostly him, could win this war, now. But he will die. Before he can make even a powerful air bending or water bending move, he'll be full of lightening. You don't care. You don't care if he dies, if I die. But you should. As you know, after we die the next two avatars will be born. BORN! They will be babies when Ozai when's this war. When people discover they're avatars, that will be killed. Family line and heritage. But here we are and YOU STILL DONT CARE! I need my brother and he needs me, but we don't need you!" I said as I raised a palm of gold fire to him. He gulped. "But I'm not a killer, a murder. But that doesn't mean I can't hurt you." I said as I threw him through the air into a pillar. He groaned and rubbed his head. I punched him repeatedly until I felt handcuffs on my wrist. I kicked him before I was led away.

The soldiers opened the door and pushed me in the room. Making me almost hit the ground. I pushed myself up with air. I turned around and round house kicked a boulder at them, following up with several whips of water and finally a blast of air that I mixed with unharmful fire. They quickly picked themselves off the ground and ran away as I closed the door and turned around to the shocked faces of Katara and Aang and the impressed face of Sokka. I sighed as I flopped on the not so comfortably bed. I turned my back as I faced the wall. After awhile the others went to "bed", I knew they were awake and Aang left.

He came back about 10 minutes later, trying to be quite, we all rolled over to face him and sat on the edges of the beds in sync. I swear we did not practice this at all. I swear on the city of Oma and Shu.

He looked at us as he sat in his bed. "I told the general I'd help him, by going into the Avatar State." Fire flared out of my nose as the earth beneath us shook. Water came through the window and circled around me. They looked at me scared and shocked. I looked at their scared faces confused. Then I actually realized what was happening. They're scared. Of me. I took a deep breathe and everything stopped and went to were it came from. "Aang, this is not the right way." I told him. "Why not? Remember when he took out the Fire Navy fleet? He was incredible!" Sokka exclaimed as he laid back down arms crossed, behind his head. "There's a right way to do this. Practice, study, and discipline!" Katara yelled. "Or just glow it up! And stop that Firelord!" Sokka told us.

My anger flared and my tattoos glowed. "You tell him, us, to just glow it up?! That's not the right way! If it was I would've marched right on into the Fire Nation. Into the palace. Stood before the throne and glowed it up as soon as I woke up! Our past has done it that way and we shall do it that way. But go on ahead, Aang! Glow it up and see what happens. I won't be there to stop you and I won't be standing next to you, supporting you, like I've always have done. Go ahead, I'll leave tomorrow and train properly and stop this war." I said as my arrows stopped glowing. Aang had tears in his eyes as I laid down and turned to face the wall that all of a sudden was so interesting. Everybody was silent as Katara left the room and Sokka snored. I turned over and say Aang closing his eyes. "I'm not leaving, I could never leave you, little brother, never. I whispered as I fell asleep.