The Ride

On the way to the dinner Kate noticed that the van needed gas if they were going to be on the road for 2 whole days. "FRANK!!!" Kate yelled out to inform him of what she just found out. "YESS?!?!" Frank yelled from the front door. Kate walks over to Frank and tells him. "The van is going to need gas if we want to make it to California in one piece." Frank sighs. " Yeah, from New Jersy all the way to California... it's a long way to go huh??" Kate nods in agreement. "Yeah... it sure is."

Kate's POV: I haven't seen Bob in a while I wonder if he is even up of if he's just sleeping. I guess I'll go check. " Hey Frank, have you seen my brother this morning?" "Last I saw him he was in the living room... why?" Frank askes confused as to way you sounded concerned.

I walk in the house and go to the living room and see Bob with Ray and Gerard. I don't see Mikey with them, so I go to find him. I check Gerards room... not there. I check Ray and Franks rooms ... still nothing. I go to Bob's just to check it off the box, but he isn't there either. I walk down the hall to my room to get my ring that I never leave without but as I get closer to my room, I notice that the door is open slightly.

When I get to the door I paused before I opened the door. As I walked in, I saw Mikey sleeping in my bed... again. This was not the first time this has happened, only last time I was still in the bed. I walk over to the side of the bed that Mikey was on. "Mikey... get up its time to go." I try to get him up.

"HMM ... Kate? is that you?" He says in a drowsy voice. "Yes, it's me Mikey... can you please get up we are going to be late." I remind him. "Fine but can I have a hug first please." He asks as he sits up from my bed. " Is that even a question?" I say to Mikey sarcasm laced in my response. "Yes, you can have a hug Mikes." I say as I give Mikey a big warm hug like I always do.

"Did you put your bags in the van yet?" I ask Mikey. "Yeah, I did. Can we go now." He asks. "We have to go with the others but yeah we can go now... I think." I say walking to the living room where the rest of the guys are.

"Hey guys can we go now, or do you just want to make Jim wait forever?" I say as I get to the living room. "Yeah, let's go." Ray says. We all walk out the house and I Locke it seen as we won't be back for three months. I am the last to get in the van and get the seat next to Frank and behind Gee.

The drive to the dinner was filled with chatter and music. I didn't talk much but I did listen to the conversations that were going on around me. A short 15 minutes later we arrived at the dinner and right away I say Jims's car.

We all get out of the car and go in the dinner where Jim waits for us. We sit down with him, and order what we want. Jim hands the keys to Ray just as the food gets to the table. I thank the waitress and start to eat.

As we all finish up are food Jim pays the bill. "Thank you, Jim that was very nice of you." I thank Jim as I go to give him a hug. "Your welcome Katey." Jim says with a smile on his face.

As we all get up and say are goodbyes, I remind the guys that the gas needs to be filled again. I follow the others to the van and get in my seat next to frank. I was happy that my seat was a window seat and not just a regular seat.

For the next 6 hours Ray was driving and everything seemed fine until it wasn't. Ray had driven over a speed bump pretty fast waking everybody up immediately.

Frank's POV: What the hell was that. "Ray did you hit something?" I say not knowing what the hell happened. "Are you implying that my driving is bad Frank?" Ray says faking a hurt expression. "No, I just didn't know what happened and you're driving so I thought that you might have hit something." I say trying to save the conversation. "Well, no I did not hit something." Ray says.

I look to my left and notice that Kate had fallen asleep on my shoulder. "We should probably stop and get some rest we have a lot of driving to do, don't you think Ray?" I say to Ray noticing that he seems to be a little tired.

"No, I'm ok for now but thank you for worrying about me." Ray says as he continues to drive.

Ray's POV: It's been hours since if talked to anyone because they were all tired and fell asleep. It's already 6:30 in the morning so I don't know way nobody else is awake. I have to go to the bathroom though so I might as well make a pit stop at the gas station and wake them up to get snacks for all of us.

"Everybody wake up!!" I yell to the others. I hear Gerard start to get up and Mikey too. Bob opens his eyes and looks around. "Are we getting snacks?" He asks. "Yeah, we are going to get some." I tell him.

"Frank get up!" I yell at him to get him to wake up. "HMM... huh what's going on." Frank says startled yet still very tired. "We are getting snacks. If you want something get it now." I tell him. "Ok." He responds. I get out of the van and got to the bathroom.

Frank's POV: I try and wake up Kate, but she seems to be really knocked out. "Kate we are at the gas station if you want something you have to get up." I tell her. She immediately gets up and looks around to see if I was telling the truth. "Thank you for getting me up, Frankie." She said with a big smile.

We both get out of the van and head to go get snacks. Bob tells Kate to get him his usual snacks and she agrees to the job he gave her.

*Time skip to after everyone gets their stuff*

Kate's POV: "I'll drive next." I offer. "Could you please?" Ray says. "Yes, can I have the keys please?" I ask Ray. "Yeah, hear take them." He says as he hands me the keys.

I get in the driver's seat and start to drive after I put my seatbelt on. "Put your seatbelt on guys. I'm not like Ray I don't drive safely." I tell the others. "It's true ... she almost crashed last time I was in a vehicle with her." Bob says.

And with that we drove off "California hear we come." I say to myself.

A/N: I am having so much fun writing this I just hope whoever actually reads this enjoys it just as much. :))

Word count: 1,251 words