Hidden in Plain Sight

Kate's POV:

~I couldn't believe they didn't realize I was in my room~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     As I opened my door to go and see where Bob was, I saw something across the hall, and I fell to the ground. I guess Ray and Frank heard me because they went out of the room and saw I was on the ground and asked what happened. I told them I saw something, and they asked," Are you okay, do you need help up ??"  Frank came to my side and asked, " What did you see that scared you so bad that you fell??

" I-I saw a ghost I think." I respond as I get back up. " What kind of ghost was it?? was it like an apparition or was it something else??" Ray chimed in with. I sigh and look at them as I tell them" It was like an apparition, only it seemed to look like a child?" When I tell them their faces look as though they had something they needed to tell me. "What?  Why are you looking at each other like you know something that I don't?" I ask as I grow more confused by the second. I look at Ray then back to Frank as I try to decipher what the hell it is they know that I don't. 

Frank looks at me and answers my question. " Well um... you see, this place...its uhm..." He pauses then looks to Ray as if to say help me.  Ray speaks up. " This place is hunted Kate."  He says bluntly. I look at both of them like a dear in headlights."  Excuse me... what? Come again??"  Frank looks at Ray then back to me. "You know how when we got here you felt ...off about the place?" he asked me. "Yeah?"  I respond in an almost confused tone. "Thats because apparently you are more sensitive to these things." Ray tells me. 

I sigh " I mean I have been feeling a bit off lately." I look at them both then back to were I saw the apparition. They notice and look in the same spot then back to me. Frank looks back to me then asks " Do you want to talk to Gerard, or do you want to stay here and be scared?" I snap out of it and look at Frank. I sigh " I would like to talk to him but ... what if he thinks I'm crazy??" I say looking up at them with a worried expression. 

They look at each other then back to me and start to laugh. Ray looks at me and says " Kate .... since when would Gerard think you're crazy for seeing something?? If you told him he would be sad that HE didn't see it." He sighs. " I know where you're coming from though so don't worry... just tell him ok??" I look up at Ray and sigh. "Okay." I agree with him. 

"Do you think I should tell him right now or should I wait to tell him??"  I ask them. They both look at me and Frank puts his hand on my shoulder. He sighs then says " Kate... do you think that if I saw something I would wait to tell Gerard??" I sigh and nod my head no. "You would do the opposite and would tell him right away." I look up to Frank and he gave me a look that said "Of course I'm right, I'm always right so you should listen to me. "

I look at Ray and he looks at me with the same look. "Should I go tell him right now??" I ask wanting to know if I should not knowing what to do in this situation. He sighs as he looks down at me. "I think you should go tell him and Frank agrees with me on that.... isn't that right Frank?" He says as he gets Franks attention.  "Oh, uhm yeah that's right.... you should definitely go and tell him he is a nerd for stuff like that you know this Kate.... so why are you doubting it??"  I sigh "Yeah, I guess I just stopped thinking....is this what you feel like frank?? " I say as a joke but still kind of wanting to see what he says. 

He looks at me and quickly puts his hand to his heart and acts fake offended as if I just insulted his mother. "How dare you say that ...I'm smart just like the rest of you" He huffs out towards me. "Says the one who pulled a door that said push." I quickly say back. As soon as I said it Ray busted out laughing and I started laughing too. " You're a bully you know that??  I'm going to tell Bob on you and get you in trouble." Frank says as he goes downstairs to tell on me. I laugh and sarcastically say " Oh no.... please don't go tell on me I beg of you ...please don't tell Bob what I said. " He continues to walk down the stairs and to where Bob is.