Hunting lesson.

You woke up the pain still aching but it wasn't that bad..You got up and went to get out of the medicine den but heard Snake paw meow something to you. "How does the pain feel?" Snake paw asked to you and you just sighed and thought for a moment then spoke "Tolerable." You said trying to speak in the least amount of words possible. Snake paw nodded "alright tell mammoth star he can bring you on training just it can't be fighting training." Snake paw said and you nodded and walked out of the medicine den. You looked for where Mammoth star was and you saw them talking to a few warriors. You walked over to Mammoth star and Mammoth star turned there attention to you as you walked over. "Snake paw says we can go training just not fighting training." You said and Mammoth star nodded. "Well come on then. You have plenty to learn about hunting so let's not delay." Mammoth star spoke calmly and started walking and you followed. Mammoth star got out of the ravine and sniffed the air and crouched down. "Sniff." Mammoth star demanded to you and you sniffed the air scenting a scent that felt familiar. "That's mouse. Crouch down like I am and keep light on your paws." Mammoth star said calmly starting to follow the prey scent. You followed crouching down and trying to stay light on your paws. Mammoth star followed the scent and slowly but carefully crept closer to the mouse. You stayed back slightly deciding not to get to close. Mammoth star once close enough pounced at the mouse. The mouse seemed to hear the pounce but it had been to late as Mammoth star had already kept it to the ground with a paw and bit into it. "You see you have to stay light on your paws with hunting mice because they will sense you before hearing or seeing you because they will feel the vibrations." Mammoth star explained to you as you got out of your crouching position and nodded. Mammoth star covered it up slightly and urged you to sniff the air. "Sniff the air see what you can scent." Mammoth star mewed to you and you scented the air. You pointed with your nose to an area where you scented something and Mammoth star nodded. "That scent are voles." Mammoth star explained. Eventually you made it to a small meadow area. Now you understood where Meadowclan gets its name from. Mammoth star signaled for you to crouch down so you did. Mammoth star stayed in the crouching position but yet went a bit faster then they did with the mouse. You followed trying to keep low to the ground and tried to stay quick until you two saw a Vole visibly. Mammoth star signaled for you to try going after it. You got a bit closer just in a general crouching position and then leaped at the vole. You dug your claws into its back however it squealed and started to run until Mammoth star jumped out biting its neck. For a second Mammoth star's expression was unreadable and you thought he was mad until he spoke sounding amused. "For voles you have to hunt them quickly and stay low and make sure to kill them quick since they'll squeal like you just saw." Mammoth star paused. "Pick that up to bring back to the clan. I'll bring back the mouse." Mammoth star said you picked up the vole and followed Mammoth star as they went back to where the mouse was and grabbed it and started walking back to camp. As soon as you got back to the camp mammoth star spoke though muffled slightly "Go bring that to the elder in the elder den." Mammoth star told you. You nodded and trotted over to the elder den where Mammoth star had pointed with there face. You walked in and noticed one cat laying down sleeping while the other was laying down however awake since another apprentice was taking out the ticks that that elder had. The elder that was sleeping was the elder who told you the story awhile ago. The apprentice who was taking out the ticks on the elder who was lying awake was a black cat with a few red and white spots and they also had on a rainbow bandanna that was messily tied onto them. You dropped the fresh kill in front of the elder who was lying awake and they looked at you gratefully however the apprentice looked at you then spoke "Solar paw right?" The cat asked and you nodded and spoke "Oh-yeah I'm Solar paw.." the cat smiled and simply said "Well I'm Silent paw. Nice to meet you Solar paw." Silent paw mewed to you and you smiled "Bye for now Silent paw." You said as you walked out hoping you didn't come off as rude for leaving like that however after a quick glance back into the den you noticed the elder had started eating a bit and Silent paw went back to checking for more ticks on the elder.

You were sitting in the clearing in the most sunny spot and comfortable spot you could find. Your stomach growled slightly and you just realized how hungry you have been. You went over to the fresh kill pile however you didn't feel like being a frustration or taking that much so you picked up the smallest thing you could find which was a rat. You walked over to somewhere you wouldn't be a bother and started eating. It didn't taste as good as you had imagined it was but it was well tolerable. You finished it up and got up to go to the medicine den until you heard sounds of fighting. You ran over to where you heard it from however when you got there everything was peaceful. You were surprised for a moment how nobody seemed fazed and you quickly looked around as the sounds faded away. You dug your claws into the ground for a moment sighing and then walking back over to where the apprentices den was. You sighed and laid down and decided to sleep. Surely that was just you mishearing things..right?