Chapter 2. A Reunion To Happen

Ash is busy training for the Masters 8 finals. His opponent is Kieran, the Champion of the Blueberry Academy in the Unova Region.
Ever since his battle with Leon, every final match has allowed both trainers to go all out meaning Ash and Kieran can use Mega Evolution, Z-Moves, Dynamax and Terastilisation.
"Alright everyone, let's give it all we got against Kieran! This is going to be one of the toughest fights, we've ever had!"
"Pika-Pi-Pika-Pikachu!"
"Annihil!"
"Gar!"
"Lucario!"
"Rar!"
"Dudun!"
As the training goes on, Ash receives a phone call.
"Guys, you carry on training, I just gotta take this call! See you in a bit!"
He answers the phone. "Hello?"
"Hey Ash, I know you got your battle soon and understand you're busy right now but I would like to meet you soon as I want to talk to you about something, I would rather talk to you about it in person."
"Serena, that's no problem. You got your showcase soon, is that right?"
"Yes, it is. It will be a week from now, I trust you will be there. I will be at Wyndon Stadium tomorrow to cheer you on."
"You will? I really appreciate that, I will watch your showcase as well in person"
"Thank you Ash, I will see you soon."
They hang up and Serena begins to cry.
She's crying because she is terrified of what Ash will say despite the fact that he has been amazing to her. "Love hurts, doesn't it? Does he love me? Does he even want to be more than friends?"