Chapter 4. The Serious Conversation

"I really appreciate the support you have given me all these years, but there's something I've been wanting more than Showcases and Contest."
"Oh? What's wrong with them?"
"It's nothing like that, it's just that I am yearning for something simple. Do you remember the time I kissed you?"
"I remember that, ever since you kissed me, I have felt things I never have felt before about any girl or even after, I don't know what it is or why, but I just do."
Serena blushes ("Aahh!! He's in love with me?! What do I do? What do I do Serena?")
"You do? Was it good or bad?"
"It was a great feeling, I even get it now to this day."
("I was right, he's in love with me, I am in heaven") Serena begins to daydreaming about her and Ash's future, she began dreaming of cooking for him and two children.
In the dream:
"Smells great, honey!"
"Why, thank you Ash! You know how much I love to spoil you with my cooking! I do wonder if I spoil you too much *begins laughing*"
"Oh you can't spoil me too much! What can I say? I love to eat!"
"Your cooking is the best mum!"
"You're the best mother I could ever ask for!"
"Thank you, boys. I'm such a lucky lady to have such an amazing husband and 2 wonderful boys!"
Serena begins muttering to herself "That's it, that's what I want."
"Serena? Are you okay? I think you were daydreaming"
Serena snaps out of it. "Oh sorry I guess I did" she begins to laugh awkwardly.
"Anyway, you said you wanted to talk to me about something?"
"Oh I did yes, you said something about me making you feel something you never felt before or even after."
"I did, what's this got to do with what you want to tell me?"
"Oh yes, I was thinking after my showcase next week, I'm going to retire."
"Retire? How come? Don't you love showcases?"
"I do but there's something else I want and it's do with you"
"Me? What is it?"
"It's just that I am not getting any satisfaction anymore from this and I just want something simple for the both of us"
"Something simple for the both of us? What was that?"
"I kissed you because I loved you Ash, I still do. You are the reason I get out of bed, you are the reason I started my journey, you are the reason why I am where I am"
Ash was taken by surprise by what she said, she just confirmed what she had thought but wanted to know what she wanted to tell him.
"That's wonderful to hear but what is it that's so simple for us both?"
"I wanted to be your bride, but there's something else I wanted to do. I want to be a housewife."
"A housewife?"
"Yes, I want your children, YOUR children, nobody else's children. As much as I loved showcases and contests, this is really what I wanted ALL along, to be your wife and mother of your children."
Ash smiled and said, "Let's get married then."
Serena began to cry, not because she was upset but because she was happy her lifelong dream was to become a reality. She jumped into his arms as he picked up and started swaying her around.