i. black coffee and rainy days

rosalind jareau preferred winter to summer, she loved the cold air, the hot rain and she even liked that fact that she could never look out the window to tell what time of day it was so the days seemed to bleed into one another

rosalind jareau preferred winter to summer, she loved the cold air, the hot rain and she even liked that fact that she could never look out the window to tell what time of day it was so the days seemed to bleed into one another. she liked the way the wind could blow her away if she walked out at the wrong time, she loved that fact that you always had to be super careful when driving and even walking and god, she loved thunderstorms, because they meant that even mother nature could throw a tantrum every now and then.

the young blonde had a job near her three bedroom apartment that she shared with her two best friends, her three year old son and her ex boyfriend who spent most of his days lounging on her couch. she couldn't recall a day where he was laying on the couch, watching cartoons with her and their son. percy was a great actor but rarely got jobs, hence why he lived on her couch, the reason rosalind spent so much time at home was because the restaurant she worked at, named the late night bite for obvious reasons, was only open from nine pm to six am, she got home nearly
four hours ago. her roommates, enya and annabeth, decided to spend most of their free time in bed and she couldn't blame them, their work was tiring but she needed the bare minimum of three hours of sleep to be able to function which is why she was so chirpy every morning.

when she walked into her living room, she found percy laying on the couch with andrew curled up on his lap as the two watched scooby doo and ate fruit loops. "mommy." andrew pushed himself up, standing on his father's lap as rosalind walked past them, lifting the small boy off percy's lap and placing him on her hip and he peppered her cheek with kisses. percy handed her their empty bowls which she would put in the dishwasher. "i miss mommy." he giggled, voice of honey and sweetness. every day he melted her heart by just existing. "im gonna miss you too, baby." rosalind poured herself a cup of hot coffee, not adding sugar or cream, she found black, bitter coffee made her feel more fresh than anything else.

"miss him? where are you going?" percy finally turned to her, only now realising how dressed up she had been. the woman who would usually walk around in her pjs or clothes that barely covered her, now wore a white t-shirt, she covered it with a pale pink sweater and a pair of high waisted blue jeans. she had even done her hair, her bangs sitting perfectly against her forehead where they would usually still be wild at this time of day. it didn't take a genius to know wherever she was going, she wanted to make a good impression.

"i told you about seeing my sister at her job today."

"and i told you the boys are coming over to watch friends with me." what kind of grown men came together to watch friends? "i told you about this a month ago." she took a sip of her black coffee as andrew played with her hair.

"i can't babysit today, can't one of your friends do it?"

"babysit? you're his father." rosalind tried to keep herself calm, percy annoyed her to the ends of the earth. her mother warned her about him but she always thought she knew better, it was her fatal flaw. she took another sip of her black coffee, her medicine. "im not discussing this with you again, percy. you promised."

"percy being a jackass again?" annabeth walked out of her bedroom, in her best winter coat. "i can always take care of little andy. i won't mind."

"no, because we have plans." she was taking annabeth with her, jj insisted on it, they would have lunch together and she wanted to formally meet her sister's best friend. "his father will take care of him." rosalind finished her cup of coffee, giving andrew a kiss on the cheek as she placed the boy back on his father's lap. "mommy will be back as soon as she can."

"i love you, mommy."

"i love you, my sweet baby boy." and with that, she and annabeth left and percy spent the day babysitting his son.