vii. banana bread

rosalind woke up alone in bed, hearing the sound of giggles coming from outside of her bedroom, she didn't remember anyone bringing someone over during the night but maybe she wouldn't know, she fell asleep the second she got home

rosalind woke up alone in bed, hearing the sound of giggles coming from outside of her bedroom, she didn't remember anyone bringing someone over during the night but maybe she wouldn't know, she fell asleep the second she got home. she peeled herself out of bed, finding her son still firmly and peacefully asleep in the bed that put in for him near her dresser. he looked so perfect as she brushed his hair out of his face, placing a small kiss on his forehead before heading out to investigate where the giggling was coming from. "shh, everyone else is still asleep." she heard an unfamiliar voice whisper as she made her way out of her room, still wiping the sleep from her eyes when she saw the two people who were giggling in her kitchen.

"morning nerds." she comments as she looked over to where anna and spencer were taking out ingredients from the cupboards. "morning rosalind." spencer gave her a tight lipped smile as he turned his focus back to anna while she fixed her hair and he smiled brighter than ever before. soon after both of them walk over to the kitchen sink, washing their hands. "can you get the bananas from the fridge?" anna turned to the blonde when she made her way to the fridge, taking out a bottle of water and then the bag of bananas. "thank you." spencer sat down on the chair at the kitchen island as anna moved around him, still in her pjs and so was he so rosalind simply assumed he slept over. strange. she didn't take him for the type to sleepover at a girl's place, especially one he wasn't dating.

"im gonna go be somewhere else." rosalind didn't need to be a profiler to see that those two didn't want her around. she headed back into her bedroom, preparing herself for work. she got a job at the nearby dinner to help bring in more money. they needed it with only three people in the apartment having real jobs. when she gets out of the bathroom, hair still damp as she held the towel close to her body, she passed anna and spencer who were too busy looking into one another's eyes to even notice her. "nerd love, weird." she barely noticed percy on the couch until he spoke and she sat down beside him, laughing. "i think it's cute." she leaned back and watched the episode of tom and jerry with him. they had fallen in love spending their days watching cartoons on her couch and going for long walks in the park together and some days they would go on late night dates at the nearby dinner where she worked now. "don't you miss being in love?" she smiled warmly at her, she was the last person he had been with and the same went for her. they never dated other people, enya always said it was because they were soulmates, that they would always end up back together but rosalind couldn't see them being together again, it would be too strange. too much had happened since then.

she didn't wait for him to answer, her attention going back to tom and jerry. "hey, look at me." he turned to her after a few seconds of silence, his eyes suspicious of her words. she just shrugged while she bit her bottom lip, eyes flickering towards his lips, "we do have a child together." it was a conversation they seemed to have once a month which is probably why enya thought they'd get back together but every time one of them brought it up, the other one would shoot them down. "i love you, rosie but i haven't been in love with you for a very long time." he rested his hand on her bare thigh as if breaking the news to her as she slapped his hand away. that was stupid of her to do but she was starting her cycle soon so maybe she was a little emotionally confused.

"guys! the bread is ready." anna declared from the kitchen as rosalind got onto her feet, rushing to where they were while spencer carefully cut the banana bread. "i didn't know you could bake." percy moved towards rosalind, standing with his chest pressed to her bare back while anna plated two slices of banana bread for the blonde. "well, there's nothing really special about baking. its like a science." spencer rambled on as rosalind thanked him before heading to her bedroom, nearly bumping into percy on her way. she spends about ten minutes getting herself ready, getting dressed in her white button up, her maroon skirt that was way too short, leaving her thighs bare as she pulled on her knee high white socks and a pair of maroon platform heels. afterwards she got andrew ready before walking back out with her son on her hip, he was tugging at her pigtails when she placed him down on his high chair.

"holy shit, roz." she didn't even notice enya until the woman spoke up from the coffee pot, her eyes wandering over her friend's body. "im definitely asking for another skirt." she didn't need the customers looking at her like they were supposed to be looking at their food, with hunger in their eyes. "and you'll wear this one around the house." percy spoke up, gaining a high five enya, she definitely agreed with that statement while rosalind held her son's ears shut while the two were talking. "okay, you're making her uncomfortable." anna plated some banana bread for everyone. andrew was the first to start eating, smiling as he took a sip of his orange juice.

"and you're making spence uncomfortable too." anna was right, both soon to be twenty four years olds didn't like what was going on around them with rosalind seemingly ignoring the comments as she went back to her room and packed her bags with the important things, her mini hairbrush for when she got tangles in her hair, a small bottle of perfume that she always kept with her, two tampons, tylenol, mints and a tube of her favourite cherry coloured lipgloss before she headed back out. she needed to be at work in ten minutes which meant she could still spend eight minutes with andrew. she sat with him as he ate his food, promising to take him to the park during her break. "i love you." she kissed the top of his head and when she leaves, he cries for about thirty minutes before his father finally gets him back to sleep.