My Sacrifice || Ganondorf

"My King! I-"

The gerudo commander stopped in her tracks as soon as the king raised a hand. He didn't look at her as he did so. He didn't see my blood that was still dripping from her scimitar. He didn't see the scratches that ran down her arm. He definitely didn't see gashes that covered my legs. He just didn't seem like he cared about anything that came out of her mouth. He only saw two things as we entered; her fierce grip on my arm and the ropes that bound my wrists.

The commander forced me to my knees as she bowed to the king.

I stared at the ground as I heard the armored king move from his perch atop his throne.

"Rise." His voice boomed dripping with venom.

The king was many things but merciful was not one of them. I could tell things would go south real fast seeing as the commander was shaking behind me.

Frantically, I looked up to him. He easily towered over me. I had heard the legends of how terrifying the man was, but I always thought they were exaggerating.

I slowly got off my knees and stood before the king of evil while he closed our distance. He was even more fearsome up close. We were only a breath away, and I was straining trying to look at him as I barely reached his chest. It felt as if my stomach was erupting... I'm not sure if it was butterflies or anxiety. It could be both.

His massive hand went to grab my jaw. I inhaled sharply refusing to look away from his intense eyes. They were filled with malice up until this moment.

I could be crazy, but I felt as if his eyes softened as they bore into mine. However, the feeling quickly went away as the commander spoke.

"Your Majesty, I-"

"You may take your leave."

I gasped as his grip moved to my throat and got tighter. His fierce amber eyes never leaving mine as I heard the gerudo woman stand. Every second we stayed like this was terrifying.

Yet, in a way, it wasn't.

He rubbed his massive thumb in circles on my throat. It sent shivers up my spine, but I made no effort to pull away. We stayed like that for who knows long. It was a weird sensation; I felt as if we were there too long yet not long enough. I couldn't explain it, but it felt natural.

He didn't speak to me until the commander was long gone.

"I assume you're Zelda's peace offering. A pig for slaughter..." He scowled.

I felt a flush of embarrassment spread across my face and made the tips of my ears hot. It was true. I had just hoped it wouldn't be so obvious. Although in hindsight, how could it not? I was just some girl from a lowly ranch who only ever left her village to deliver milk. I had never even been outside of Hyrule in my life, and I barely knew how to get here.

I seethed, "How could you tell?"

The gerudo moved from my neck to my cheek. Pressing very delicately, he was probably afraid of hurting me. Zelda had told me of his strength and brutality.

She spoke of his inhumanness, his wretchedness, his merciless nature. He was a beast craving power and nothing else. I was supposed to be the sacrifice to quench his dark hunger, but I never knew why.

"The doe eyes, the fragileness... should I go on? You're exactly the kind of girl Zelda would send me. Believe me, you're not the first and you won't be the last."