For a Hylian || Revali

Healing came in two forms: magic or alchemy.

The former was far less likely to transpire and develop however the latter was the most popular form of healing. That wasn't necessarily bad.

The art of healing towed the line between sorcery and science.

In living memory, those gifted with the powers of healing were usually Zora. It made sense, of course. Water was so often associated with the healing properties due to its quiet, serene, and calming nature.

Fire elementals were known for power.

Earth elementals were known for substance and strength.

Air elementals were known for freedom.

Water elementals were known for change and adaptability.

And all the different tribes fundamentally represented the elemental magics even if it was heavily buried and detached. All magic that can be wielded has a root in the elemental magics. So, really, it's no surprise that the water elementals like the Zoras were most often gifted healing powers.

They can use water as a catalyst, redirecting energy paths around the body and concentrating more energy into a wounded area thus allowing that area to heal at an accelerated rate.

However, those powers were rare even among the strongest of the Zora. Only Princess Mipha was gifted with the power of healing after thousands of years of thinking that gift has been lost to time. Meaning that many had relied on the alchemical version of healing.

It was quite efficient and powerful, but it would only ever be sustainable. It would never be able to compare to the healing properties of a magic welder's healing, but it was good enough.

Knowing all this, it would come to surprise the massive to learn of myself, a hylian with helaing powers.

Hylians never could cultivate healing through magical means. I never really understood it myself.

I've been asked if perhaps I have some Zora in my bloodline. It would make sense; I was always had an affinity for water far more than being on land. Despite the curiosities, I learned to not question it. It wasn't an answer worth learning after all. All I knew was I had a gift that was meant to be used to help people.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

"It's amazing to meet another healer."

We stood beneath the giant sculpture of a koi fish where the throne room dwelled. The domain was naturally made of luminous stones native to the Lanayru Providence along with duller blue stones. The grace and elegance of the architecture was untouchable as if it was a heavenly gift.

The young Zora princess held her hand out to me and I her as we began to circle one another in a circular motion. Both of our hands began to emanate different glows completely enrapturing the entire domain. Hers was this gentle blue glow like a kind of spiritual water while mine was this amethyst-like glow that seemed almost whimsical.

We did this little ritual to be able to understand one another's magic.

"Well, I'm not sure how to put this into words... I'm actually quite embarrassed to say it."

Mipha had a such a soft and gentle cadence that could put any worrying mind at ease. I did not know what I had expected, but it certainly not the friendliness that she offered.

"Really?" I asked as she tried to explain her powers to me.

She nodded with a little blush on her pale face.