chapter 2 : a wolfs secrets

Buttercup sat, her head bobbing slightly to the music ringing in her ears.

Putting my defenses up

'Cause I don't wanna fall in love

If I ever did that, I think I'd have a heart attack

Beside her, someone stirred, poking at her headphones. "Can you turn the volume down?" he asked drowsily.

Buttercup frowned, pulling one headphone out and staring at him as she let her feet fall to the floor. "What?" she whispered in a hiss.

"I said, can you..."—he yawned —"turn the volume down?"

She poked him, scowling. "Butch, did you not sleep last night again or something?" She sighed .

Never put my love out on the line

Never said yes to the right guy

Never had trouble getting what I want

But when it comes to you, I'm never good enough

When I don't care, I can play 'em like a Ken doll
Won't wash my hair, then make 'em bounce like a basketball

He yawned again, shrugging. "I'm a nocturnal," he responded cheekily and sleepily. He blinked his big jade-green eyes. "I didn't get a chance to sleep much."

Buttercup frowned again. "This again "? She thought to herself  Butch and his brothers looked like they were ready to fall over in tiredness. And they would have these fur collars around their necks, tinted with their signature colours, which really didn't go all that well with their school uniforms. She didn't get why though.

She shrugged, pressing the volume button down on her iPhone, letting the music volume be lowered.

Butch nodded thankfully, his green eyes slowly drooping shut once again.

Buttercup glanced at him, but his eyes were closed again. Shaking her head, she slipped her green headphones back in and hit play while starting to pack her things.

But you make me wanna act like a girl

Paint my nails and wear high heels

Yes, you make me so nervous that I just can't hold your hand

You make me glow But I cover up, won't let it show

So I'm putting my defenses up

'Cause I don't wanna fall in love

If I ever did that, I think I'd have a heart attack

I think I'd have a heart attack

A few moments later, Buttercup was packed and ready to leave class, staring at the clock and waiting for it to ring. Butch was still sleeping, or trying to; she couldn't tell.

"Hey, asshole," she said, nudging him. "It's almost time to go."

Butch opened his eyes, the bags under them revealing themselves. He definitely looked bad. And tired, of course. "Already?" he murmured.

She rolled "Yes

"Ughhhhhh" Then his head fell back down.

She rolled her eyes again, nudging him harder. "Butch; it's time to GO."

RIING!

Never break a sweat for the other guys

When you come around, I get paralyzed