chapter 5: competitive wolf

"Okay, Butch. We've been over this plenty of times already. Do you remember all the parts by now?"

"I almost wish I didn't." The green Ruff's nose crinkled as he ran a hand through his spiky black hair, looking over the sheet in front of him.

"But do you?" his companion pressed.

Butch sighed. "Yes, Brick. I think I've got it."

"Okay, Now write the parts down one last time."

Groaning, Butch nodded. "Okay, okay. Why are you so into this?"

"I'm in my zone, Butch." Brick smirked.

"with Dick's?"

Brick blinked, quickly flushing red as he smacked Butch upside the head. "No! I mean I'm in my zone when it comes to tutoring!"

Butch laughed, wincing. "uh huh what ever get's you through the day ".

Brick rolled his eyes, picking up his red pen. "Let's just get this practice test over with."

"Sure thing, captain." Butch smirked back, grabbing his own green pen. "Ready when you are."

Blossom sighed "this is to much even for me ."

"I can't believe I actually remembered all of this stuff," Bella agreed in disbelief, "and got it right."

Smirking, Bliss nudged her sister. "Next time you and Blair get a little...'above and beyond', you can amaze him by listing all these parts!"

"Sh-Shut up, Bliss!" Bella's red face rivalled Blossom's now.

Buttercup couldn't help it―she laughed.

Blossom glanced at her, managing a small smile. At least Buttercup's finally enjoying herself.

"I'll make some popcorn," Bubbles offered.

"Sounds good to me!" agreed Bliss, grinning.

"I'll help," Bunny offered, getting up and following Bubbles to the kitchen.

Blossom turned to Buttercup. "Hey, BC. Umm...I'm still not sure if you―"

Buttercup sighed. "Look, Bloss. Let's just say I forgive you and forget about it, alright? I've never been very good at this sentimental stuff."

"And...?" Blossom gazed at her sister.

Buttercup turned, her lips curling upwards in a small half-smile. "...That was it."

Rolling her eyes, Blossom smacked Buttercup with her pillow but smiled anyway.

"Pillow fight!" Bliss cheered, throwing a pillow at Buttercup.

"Hey!" BC protested, whacking Bliss back in defense.

Bella joined in the fun, and Bubbles and Bunny came back to quite a fluffy surprise...

Bubbles was hit by Bliss' pillow.

Everyone fell silent as they all stared at Bubbles, and finally...

"She did it!"

Fingers pointed at random places, before Bubbles' shadowed face began to look up...

And she smiled.

Bubbles grinned almost evilly and set the bowl of popcorn down, picking up her own blue pillow and Bliss'. She quickly threw the pillows at the four sisters there, and they all squealed and laughed.

Even Bunny joined in, and the six girls tried their best not to scream too loudly as pillows hit their faces. The Professor was either trying to work or trying to sleep, after all.