Chapter 11 : old bats

Ren groaned, hitting his head on his desk repeatedly.

"Ren stop that already."

" Says you, Mister I Don't Have to Go to School Anymore But You Do." he hissed back

"Ren," Shamus sighed in a warning. "I'm tired of your games. You'll do your job right, which means you have to go to school."

Ren snorted. "Uncle, I'm not going to pass as a young kid going to high school.

"Sure you are," Shamus said, holding out sheets of paper and fanning them. "People fall for anything; I have resources: your 'birth certificate' says you're that age."

Ren rolled his eyes.

"Ren I'm actually going easy on you. It's not like I'm treating you like Danes toward his nephew Michael."

"...Fine, fine, fine," Ren said, rolling his eyes.

"...Thank you," Shamus said.

A few moments of silence passed.

"...I miss her too, you know its also hard for me."

Ren looked away. "Shut up; you don't know what you're talking about."

"Yes I do, Ren," Shamus said quietly. " I do. Sylvie was a sweet, beautiful woman."

"...Shut up!" Ren snapped. "I don't want to hear it."

"...I think you do." Shamus sighed and kneeled down. "Look Ren I miss her as much as you do. But...I lost her once. I moved on. I'm sure—"

"so you just gave up on her?" Ren shouted, spinning around angrily. He shot up so quickly, his chair fell to the floor with a loud clang, The legs scraped the floor harshly as He stormed off.

"Ren No, that's not what I mean—"

Ren paused at the door, resting his hand on the doorknob. He turned around, gritting his teeth with anger in his eyes.. "I thought you weren't as bad as I made you out to be, Shamus," he said quietly, bitterly. "...But maybe you are."

he walked through the door, letting it slam shut.

"...Ren.." Shamus murmured, dropping his outstretched hand and sighing. "...dammit ."

Meanwhile, on the other side, Ren had his face in his hands he looked up and sighed. "...I am such an idiot."

He sighed again and shoved a hand up his thick brown, . ...He'd gotten it from his dad almost all the men in the family had dark brown hair.

Shamus had long, wavy lengths of thick dark-brown hair, but most people described his hair as black.

"...mom..." Ren murmured, sighing again.

"Buttercup; wake up!" Blossom shouted, pounding a fist against her sister's door. "We can't be late!"

Groaning, the green Puff rolled over and dug her face deeper into her pillow. "yeah yeah just stop naggin!" she called back.

There was a sigh before a clicking noise sounded, and Buttercup realized that her door was being opened. Blossom's voice sounded again, this time more stern. "I'm not nagging," she scolded.

" sounds like it to me" yawned Buttercup, sitting up and stretching. She blinked her heavy eyelids. "Just go on without me telling them I'm sick or sum shit ."

"I can't do that, and you know it; you think I'd be going if I could?"

" screw the council, there, a bunch of control freaks anyway Buttercup interrupted, flopping back down. "I'd rather go back to sleep..."