Chapter 19: Wolfish Secrets

A cold wind was blowing across the schoolyard, and five figures stood bravely in front of their fallen brother. The person they were facing was struggling to get up. That person was Vix.

Vix staggered upwards, keeping a wary eye on the Rowdyruff Boys that stood across from him. Butch's confrontation had clearly taken him by surprise; he'd been thrown into the ground, and now his arm was throbbing. The arm that had been burnt by Brick's laser vision still hurt despite his attempts to heal it. The healing factor would take awhile longer before it fully settled in.

"Are you finally angry at me, Butch?" rasped Vix, his voice low and gravelly. His hair covered his eyes, and the tone of his words surprised the green Ruff. "Do you hate me now for what I've done?" Vix stumbled to the side slightly and forced himself straight. He looked up and smirked.

Butch's glare hardly wavered as he slowly slid one foot forward and lifted his fists. "I tried to believe that you were still worthy of saving. But you're not, Vix. You're a fucking bastard."

"Ah, I wouldn't have expected anything less from you." Vix spread his arms wide as he smiled. "Come on, Butch. Fight me."

Bandit grabbed Butch's arm. "Don't you dare, Butch? That's the last thing we nee—"

Butch's hands glowed green and he shot forward blasts of enegry

His opponent got hit multiple times, not bothering to move. When Vix looked up again, his eye was glowing white. "Now it's my turn," he announced, running toward the Rowdyruffs. Vix's hands were surrounded by a white energy, and he jabbed his fingers into Butch.

The green Ruff keeled over from the pain, gasping for air as saliva shot up out of his mouth. Butch wiped his lips and glared at Vix, his eyes glowing red. Yelling, Butch shot laser beams at Vix and his opponent flew through the air. Vix slammed into some bushes nearby.

When he struggled upwards, Butch was already upon him. Hitting Vix repeatedly, Butch didn't stop until the enemy grabbed his fist. Vix flung Butch into the ground, staggering upwards.

He drew his broken sword and aimed to plunge it into Butch's chest. The green Ruff let a green aura surround him as his hands glowed from green flames. Vix jumped up and got ready to slash his enemy into shreds.

"Enough!" yelled Bandit, creating a purple force field. Vix bounced off of it and fell to the ground. "This isn't the place for such things!" He stepped toward Vix and held up a hand. "Get out of here, Vix; or I'll—"

"You'll what? You can't kill me. You're too good for that. You Ruffs have moral codes now ." Vix started laughing. "I don't."

"...Rules were made to be broken." Bandit's fist glowed black and purple. His eyes shone white as a dark dragon creature made from pure energy surrounded him. "Back off, Vix, "I might not kill you, but I'll break as many bones of yours as I can; so fast you won't be able to heal your wounds quick enough. Your eye has limits .

Vix narrowed his eyes. "...Show-off."

Behind him, Butch let out a snarl. "Just get it over with, Bandit." His own hair started to blow in a wind as a green aura surrounded him. "I'm ready to snap his arms."

"He deserves to feel pain." Even Blaze, who was usually sweet and gentle, looked extremely angry. His eyes were dark and enraged; his hands a orange fire.

"Stand down, ," commanded Bandit.  He turned back to Vix. "What do you say? Are you going to make use of your common sense and back off?"

Vix slowly stood up, and Bandit's dragon leaned forward as it curled around its master protectively like a shield. "You make a good point," Vix began, keeping one eye on the other Rowdyruffs. "So I'll heed your advice and leave." Bandit relaxed as his energy dragon started to fade. But then he stiffened again when Vix grabbed his arm and the dragon returned. The older teen was speaking again: "I have some advice for you too, however. About your hunting grounds; don't go to your current one tonight. Danes has a surprise for you there."