Making deals

Paul finally finished in the bathroom but found her clothes gone. She put on Mandy's gown then stuck her head out the door. 'Mum, sorry Mandy, where have you put the clothes I was wearing?'

'In the wash. I've put some other clothes on your bed. Since you haven't started anything for dinner I was thinking we might go out'

'We can't go out. We might run into someone who knows you' said Paul. 'How could we explain that there are two of you?' Mandy had grown up in the area and many people knew she was not a twin.

'That won't be a problem. In about 15 minutes I'll be able to change once more so I will no longer be your twin. We will be heading out to dinner and I was thinking we might go to that new Chinese restaurant on High Street'

'What do you mean?'

'We will be going out to dinner as Mother and Son. You said you enjoyed pretending to be me. Well I enjoyed pretending to be you last night and intend to do so again while I have the chance. Besides I told Simon last night that I would be at his party. He said something about a girl called Sharon was going to be there. Is there something about this girl that I should know?'

'I wish. She's a friend of Simon's sister. She's really pretty'

'And?'

'And nothing. As in nothing has happened. When I try and talk to her I get all tongue tied'

'And what would you like to happen? If you didn't get tongue tied what would talk to her about?'

'I'd ask if she wanted to come see a movie with me'

'I tell you what. You indulge me by coming out to dinner as Mandy Richardson tonight and I will charm this Sharon and arrange a date between you two. Any particular movie you wanted to take her to?'

'Not really. Just one that she would like to see'

'Well how about you put on the clothes on your bed while I change myself. Then over dinner you had better describe Sharon to me. I would hate to arrange a date with the wrong girl'

Thinking she had now had Paul's agreement Mandy went to her room via Paul's and collected some trousers and the shirt and jacket she had given him for Christmas. She touched the medallion to the pyjamas she had awoken in. She figured that she would then become a well rested version of Paul. The only problem was that she would then need a shower.

Paul had gone to her room fully intending to comply with her Mum's wishes. As Paul he had been trying to summon up the courage to ask Sharon on a date for weeks. Mandy's suggestion had a lot of merit but once she saw the clothes on the bed she started to have second thoughts. Could she really go out in public as her own mother. Surely someone would see through her disguise and she would be humiliated. She did dress but painfully slowly. Why did she have to wear such pretty underwear? What was the need of the slip?

Meanwhile Mandy had changed back into Paul and was amazed at how quickly she could shower, and get dressed. Basically she just had to put a comb through her short hair and she was ready. She judged the small amount of stubble on her chin as not worth shaving. If anything it made him look just that little bit more mature.

Satisfied she was ready Mandy knocked on Paul's door 'How are you going in there? Do you need help with your makeup?' Getting no answer she tried the knob and the door opened. Mandy was confronted with the view of herself sitting on the bed in a pale blue slip. It was clear that Paul had been crying. 'What's happened?' he asked in Paul's voice.

'I can't do it. I'm scared' Paul said 'People will recognize me as a fraud'

'Of course they won't. When people look at you they will see a beautiful woman'

'What happens If we see someone who knows us?'

'Nothing. We say hello if needs be. Come on stand up. Let me put the dress on you. Think of the reward. Take me to dinner and you will have a date with Sharon'

'What happens if you can't deliver?'

'Of course I'll deliver. I don't think I'll get tongue tied. How about you describe Sharon to me while I get you ready'

'She's got long blonde hair and is about your height' said Paul. As she said this Mandy pulled the silk dress over Paul's head placing her arms in the appropriate slots. The garment flowed over Paul. Mandy did up buttons up the side.

'Come to my room and we will find some shoes. Now how long is Sharon's hair and how does she wear it?'

'Long. I don't know. Half way down her back'

'Straight or curly? Sit here'

'Straight. What are you doing?'

'Styling your hair. Stay still. Sharon's hair is it lighter or darker than your current locks?'

'Probably a bit darker I don't think she dyes it'

'You need to give me more if you want me to arrange you a date with the right girl. What about her eyes? Does she wear glasses?'

'No. She has hazel eyes. She's quite slim. Athletic looking. What are you doing now?'

'Makeup. If you keep still it won't take long'

'Don't overdo it'

'Do any of Sharon's friends stand out. I'm concerned there might be multiple athletic blondes at this party'

'Simon's sister is really tall. At least 6 foot. Sharon will be hanging out with Bethany'

'Okay keep still. While I do your lipstick. Pucker your lips' Paul complied. A minute later Mandy was satisfied. 'There have a look'

Paul swung around and looked in his mothers dressing table mirror. His Mum was looking back at him. 'I'm you'

'Yep. And I'm you. I'll forget about jewelry unless you want to borrow some. Here put on these shoes' He handed Paul some blue sandals 'Unless you want to try some heels'

'No these will do' the sandals were flat.

'Well you are ready. Grab your handbag and let's get going Mum' Paul noted what Mandy had just called her. 'Remember if we get pulled over you are giving your son Paul a driving lesson'