Chapter forty seven ~ I do

AN: hi... finally writing this chap and finished it! If i have motivation ill write another one tn, love you all, vote n comment <3

 finally writing this chap and finished it! If i have motivation ill write another one tn, love you all, vote n comment <3

~Aaliyah Cortez~

A grin reaches my lips, the veil tight on my head as I straighten the wedding dress that clings to my body. I was getting married today. My heartbeat races at the thought of a ring on my finger. A ring given by Killian. The man I used to hate, to loathe, and now I would kill for him.

Ivy walks in, her maid of honour dress made eyes widen. She looked beautiful, her hair was curled and her makeup looked flawless as ever. Everything felt surreal. My eyes consume the scars that scattered my body, scars that no longer define me. I've found my home, my people and nothing can destroy my happiness.

Tears almost fall and I keep my eyes glued on the dress that flows on me perfectly, like it was made for me. Every single breath I take finally feels real. My heart feels at ease. My life is feels okay. I feel safe. I haven't felt safe in years, not truly anyway. The bullet wounds that pierced my skin, the abuse, the trauma used to be able to consume me with the snap of a finger. Now I fight back. Now I don't let my demons take me into the dark. Instead, I go to the people who can comfort me, I know how to control my emotions now, I'm okay.

It feels weird, to think like that. To realise I have people who I can rely on, whose shoulder I can cry on, it just feels so utterly strange. To think my dress is clinging onto me, to think a ring is on my finger, that people love me? Is strange. I grew up in a home with two parents who equally wanted me gone, that until my mother left and so did my brother. Then they left too. Zane, left too. Many people have left my life, people have ruined my heart, broken it beyond repair.

At least that's what I thought, until I finally reached my true family. They built me back up, Killian picked up the pieces and here I am. I've found peace. Though it's odd to think about, it feels like freedom is in my hands at last. It feels like I can finally exhale properly, like I can breathe without anxiety trailing me. I stifle a sob, trying to keep my cries in when I see my face, my body, and I don't think of myself as a disgrace. I think of myself as beautiful. I think of myself as perfect.

And that shows improvement, improvement that I am proud of myself for. I no longer berate myself, and I think that the future has great things for me, a future with the family I will protect with my life.

As a child, I thought my future would involve nothing but pain. Nothing but despair. I barely held onto the word hope. Yet here I stand, alive, with love and happiness fuelling instead of sadness. Improvement is real. I never would've dare thought I would be here, about to get married for real. I'm going to marry the man I so dearly love. The man I'd kill for, the man I'd risk everything for. I can't imagine my world without him, because he is my world...

Ivy stares at me from the door, a grin on her face and tears swarm my eyes. "Aw my love, you look beautiful." She whispers, and to my not surprise, tears slowly fall from her eyes as she squeals in excitement, running towards me in her high heels, her hands wrapping around me and pulling me into her chest. "I'm getting married."