Flashback: 2019

Bright waits in earnest as the makeup artist powders his nose at the same time a set assistant fixes the creases in his clothes.

The flurry of hands and eyes constantly on him took a while to get used to but years of being in the limelight has finally made him immune.

This was an interesting lifetime, the most public out of all he has encountered. But it was unavoidable, the choice of path clear the moment he saw Win by chance lining up at a casting call near the building where he used to study.

He didn't plan on becoming a celebrity himself. The original path he thought he was going to take was that of a producer or sound engineer. Maybe at most he saw himself as a director of photography. But Bright did have the face and physique of a demigod given that he was once a demigod - being thrust into the limelight should have been expected.

He didn't mind it too much especially since the job made it easier to find excuses to get closer to Win - they would attend more or less the same auditions and the same artist events.

But love needed more than small talk and a shallow friendship to develop. Bright needed them to have more time together, he needed Win to want him first then he'd make him remember. It was a dance he had honed almost to perfection.

It hurt of course that their lives and loves kept ending too soon. It hurt to have to be reborn again go through years alone again before finding each other. It hurt to find Win in every lifetime and have the man he loved think him a stranger. And the hurt was tiring, wearing him down with every decade. But he promised Win he would find him. And Bright would rather be hurt endlessly than break his vow to his prince.

The patience he has exhibited in this lifetime is about to pay off. Finally, he has bagged his first official starring role in a high profile series. And not just any role, one that stars opposite Win.

The shooting schedule has been relentlessly grueling. But it didn't matter because now, the small nods and the small talk began to evolve. They became late night talks in between script readings, long walks to grab coffee together in order to keep awake, it became words of love and romance they had to practice together and on each other that were beginning to sound a little too sincere.

In other lifetimes, their love story went a bit faster. Their spark undeniable, immediately setting them both on fire.

But the Win of this universe is careful. Which made sense. Because here he is a fledgling actor who had just been given a big opportunity. He has given up too much and worked too hard to throw it away for a maybe situationship with an attractive co-star.

Bright could feel him pulling back any time they got too close. He could see the panic in his eyes when their hands touch for just a little too long or when their voices get a little too soft.

But there was no pulling back today. Not when the final scene left to tape was a kiss.

They could have filmed this earlier. After all, film shot lists are rarely chronological. But the director was insistent that this should be the last scene they take. He wanted the weeks of taping and getting to know you help with the chemistry of the scene, the realism of it all.

If only he knew how real it all was.
How much yearning swirled around the pits of Bright's gut every time he laid eyes on that brilliant smile adorning Win's mouth.

Bright is lead out of the make up chair. The acting director reminds him of his marks and camera angles as they walk towards the set.

The lights are blinding, the set abuzz with conversations and props being moved and built. It is always overwhelming. Bright wonders if anyone ever actually gets used to all of it. He takes a moment to breathe then Win walks in.