Life Right Now

The Convict stared at blankness, waiting for nothing but his so-called 'mission.' If you're wondering reader what situation he is in--well that's why he got here in the first place.

Fast forward 21 years ago, a known cosmic phenomenon called The Quiet Rapture was an event that any inhabital planets like Mars and Earth were suddenly vanished without a trace leaving behind empty moons, dim dying stars, and standing space stations behind.

The last remaining humans who were now in space stations were confused and devastated by this phenomenon and lead to going conspiracy theories like religious to science. Even with those theories they are only guesses to mystery events like the Quiet Rapture.

Throughout the years, humans have been struggling after that horrific event, running down food, materials, and people. But nothing is worst than wars, a clash between two remaining space populations that are fighting for the last remaining resources which resulted in a nine day battle between the two around the Filament Space Station. These two space sides were C.O.I (Consilidation of Iron) and Eden. The Convict, who is the MC also was part of the nine day fight but was captured, along side his Eden crew mates were now placed in Conviction Realization in C.O.I.'s control.

Which brings us back to the present day. The Convict is now in his mid 30s, his raggedy orange prison uniform, jet black messy long man hair, and bored cold expression mirrored his misery inside his prison cell. The cell he was in was like all othere cells: rat-filled, dirty, dusty, still had one creaky bed, shattered mirror, a toilet and sank with a terrible stench, window less wall in the back but still had metal bars infront of him to see on the other prisoners miserable looks. Except for one...

"Hey, dude! How have you been?!" a fat, white prisoner blocked his view from behind the bars, smiling with a toothy grin. This man is Gerald, a happy prisoner who was somehow every guards favorite dude to hang out with. They even let him roam around the prison because they had a great connection to the guards. The Convict couldn't care less, he didn't even think Gerald wasn't even planning to get out of the prison, like if he was acting it like it was his first (or second) real home. Pathetic. The Convict thought.

"What's with the long face, huh?! I know this prison can be a little boring but trust me! If you show kindness and respect them they'll open up you. That's how I did it when I first came here!" honestly Gerald came after the Convicts arrival to this fuck dump. He knew everything about Geralds arrival of how he tried to steal C.O.I's supplies, doing the role of a spy after getting caught a few days later by their own police force.

Another important mission failed.

The Convict rolled his eyes in annoyance likely saying to Gerald in face expression language to leave him alone. The jolly prisoner looked at him with worry and for seconds he was off. Off to whatever the hell he's going, cry in his cell? Meh. Finally, the Convict sighed in relief finally left alone away from a distraction and continue to stare into blankness.