Doc's Secrets

1/17/23

There he was, leading the way in the race. Chick Hicks was to his right, the King to his left. Matching speeds and energies, but of course, McQueen retaining the lead. The center of attention, even, in this very formation.

But then, the ferocious roar of a wild animal broke loose on the track. The sound of thunderous hooves could be heard rushing through the air. Behind the three racers was none other than Frank, the monstrous bull. The King quickly veered off the track to avoid the rampaging giant. Chick wasn't as lucky, as Frank leaped into the air and firmly landed all four of his hooves on top of the ornery racer's car, smashing it on impact. Frank quickly pushed back off into another jump, this time forcing McQueen to veer out of the way and off the track with a terrified scream. Frank continued his thunderous stampede right over the finish line and onward.

Next, quick as a flash, Frank stood on the stage, the winner's circle to be exact, with a Piston Cup at his hooves and two of Dinoco's trophy girls, one on each side. They were beautiful, perfect girls full of all the right dips and curves dressed in tight glittery leotards colored Dinoco Blue that hugged their curves so nicely. Headpieces sat curved around their heads, with a long, fluffy boa feather sprouting out that was held to the band with a sapphire gem. The two girls leaned in and kissed Frank's cheeks. He fumed, roaring loudly with a snort.

Off to the side, McQueen stood on the pavement surrounded by cows of all sizes. He was firmly crammed in the middle of the herd, uncomfortably squished between the rear ends of two cows. A cow mooed tauntingly in the background. The cow standing just off to the side in front of him leaned forward and gave McQueen a long, slow, slobbery lick right up the entirety of his face, from his chin to the top of his hair. It was quite the sickly feeling, one that send shivers up the racer's spine. It felt so real, so warm yet cold, so...

"No!" McQueen hollered out in alarm just as the alarm clock began to beep, shooting upright in bed with eyes wide as could be. He brought a hand to clutch the fabric of his white fireproof suit right over his heart as he tried to stop his hyperventilation. What an atrocious nightmare that was! And it had felt so real, too. "I gotta get outta here!" He told himself as he continued to sweat with fear. Quickly flipping the covers off of him and swinging his legs right over the edge of the bed in a swift motion, he threw on his clothes then bolted out of his Cozy Cone to run over to Doc's infirmary, but something stopped him.

The second he opened the door to his cone, he saw you stepping out of yours. When you turned around and looked back up after closing the door and locking it tight, your eyes met his. It felt like the world stopped, like time went still. The two of you stared at each other, unable to let your eyes waver. But it wasn't an uncomfortable stare. It was the exact opposite. Sweet, even.

A shy smile rose to your face as you slightly looked away, but eyes still focused on McQueen as you were now looking at him more from the corners of your eyes. Your unexpected shyness made the racer rather shy as well as memories of the night before began to come back to mind. Your kindness, your generosity, how so very cute you had looked in his red jacket... He nervously turned his head to the side as well and averted his attention elsewhere for a moment, though just the same as you, he looked back because he couldn't help but keep his gaze.

You sent him a small wave before turning to rush off nervously. He waved back, although your back was already turned. Staring at your retreating figure, he suddenly snapped out of his trance with a gentle smack of his palm to his forehead. "Get it together, Lightning!" He told himself, remembering what had gotten him so riled up only minutes ago.

McQueen dashed across the street and slammed open the double swinging doors of Doc's infirmary. "Hey, have you seen the Sheriff?" He asked, but all the color drained from his face almost immediately as he took in the sight before him, one so horrific that I'm not even going to elaborate.