McQueen and (Y/N)

2/2/24
(A/N: It's a long one, but it's necessary because we're finally getting into the nitty gritty of things. I hope it's not too long for you guys. Enjoy!)

It took only seconds for McQueen to catch up. After all, you were merely cruising, slouched in your seat and hand lazily on the wheel while your free arm hung out the window. "Okay!" He called out as he slowed his car to match your pace, driving right alongside you, mirror to mirror. "You got me out here. Where are we going?"

You turned to look at him, finding his head tilted in your direction and eyes scanning your relaxed face. A small smirk rose to your face as you gave a casual shrug of your shoulders. "I dunno." You replied. Your smirk only grew at the confused look on his face. The way the corner of his nose scrunched up and his mouth fell slightly agape, ready to question but no voice came out, was adorable. Turning your head back to face the road ahead as the two of you passed a large sign that bid farewell from Radiator Springs, you continued, "There's no knowing where we're going, but that's what makes it fun."

McQueen gave no response. When you glanced back at him, you saw him trying to mimic your posture. He would glance at you, adjust himself, then glance back to see what was next. You giggled quietly to yourself once he was relaxed and all lazed out, forcing a bored expression to his face to make him seem cool. Or, rather, to make him seem unbothered by the lack of clarity and direction in the drive which, inside, he found pointless and questionable. He continued to steal glances at you, waiting to see if you had any tricks up your sleeve.

With another laugh, you pressed on the gas pedal for a millisecond, revving the engine as your car lurched forward a bit. The engine roared when you did so. Looking back over at the rookie in red, you saw him immediately straighten slightly. He looked back at you, his innocent look of confusion making him look like a curious little puppy, and revved his engine back. His car lurched forward too.

Then, sending him a quick wink, a giant smile broke out onto your face as you slammed on the gas pedal, a look of pure bliss on your face. You car began to break away from McQueen's with such force that you could feel gravity forcing you back against the seat as much as possible.

"Whoa!" McQueen breathed out in excitement as he saw you race off at immense speed, a small blush still on his face after the wink you had sent him. "Yes!" He cheered as a determined look rose to his face. Both hands returned to their natural position on the wheel and clutched it tightly, and he floored it as well. The sound of his engine roared like a mighty lion and echoed out into the open air.

He eased up on the gas just a bit once his car had caught up to yours, veering into the other lane to be more beside you. However, having no clue where the two of you were going, he let you remain in the lead a fair amount. Your cars began to make their way into a beautiful forest area. Leaves fluttered up from the ground around you, the vicious winds of turbulence from your cars breathing a new life into them.

"Hey, Lighting!" You called out the window to him. "Why don't you take the chance to show off a little? Show me the true McQueen?"

"What?" He questioned loudly, trying to let his voice power over his car's monstrous engine. "What do you mean?"

You smirked to yourself as you pressed on the brake, allowing McQueen to go zooming past you which would give you the room you needed. Once he was clear of your front tires, you used the gear shift to help you spin around and seamlessly enter a phase of driving backwards. You sped up to catch up to McQueen.

"Whoa! How'd you do that!?" He beamed with a huge smile when your car came back into view, surprised that he no longer saw the car's rear bumper but your face through the windshield instead.