38. Fox Luca

Luca's POV

It has been years when the last time I entered the City, seeing it now gave me a sense of nostalgia.

Originally, I wasn't planning to go back yet, since the exchange outside is much beneficial to me than in the City where everything is controlled by four clans.

However, during my official visit in the sea, I saw a tetra mark scarred tiger fetching water from the Sea.

It was just a source of amusement at first, but I peeked again after few days, then I realized what a great opportunity I've missed. He squinted his upturned fox eyes and a cunning look reflected his beautiful face.

Skin bag after skin bag of salt was magically created. He sneakily hid it under the bush inside the forest, far away from the crowd.

The very moment the tiger went back to his group, he immediately opened a bag and confirmed the authenticity of the salt. And that's when he decided to befriend the tiger.

However, the next day the group was already preparing to their return journey. Fearing that he'll missed the opportunity to learn the method of making salt, he decided to approach the beastmen and joined them openly.

He's confident that he'll be able to get the method easily. He's a good merchant with glib tongue and approachable demeanor.

However, what he did not expect was the tiger's silent treatment and dismissive attitude. He haven't even started asking yet, but he already know how hard the negotiation would be, so he followed them to the City honestly.

As a merchant who roams around the continent, he knows how valuable salt is. Mermaids monopolized the market and sell it for a sky-high price. Hence, each Clan could only get ten bags of salt every year.

•••

As we entered the City gate, just as before the speech of the kings, an ethereal female flowed down slowly towards my direction.

She is wearing a beautiful red fox dress, highlighting her snow white skin and glittery green eyes. Although she has a silk cover up, what does a fox magic couldn't pierce?

My heart skipped a bit that very moment. She's getting nearer and nearer to me every second. I was still dazedly looking at her, when she landed in the arms of the scarred tiger.

I don't know how to describe my feelings this very moment. Jealousy, envy, disappointment. Seeing her lovingly nestling in the arms of the tiger, my heart is in chaos.

Without even trying their affection with each other, kisses and warm embrace was displayed infront of us. This is abuse right? These couple has no consideration at all. He pouted.

I evade my eyes just in time to see a petite female walking towards them. A trace of hatred and ambition was well hidden by her, but... what can she hide from my eyes? She must be prettier than most females, but she is emitting a black aura. It's a sign of evil that only royal blood of fox clan could detect. A playful glint shone from his eyes, but not for long.

He saw the evil female shamelessly approach the tiger, but with just a few minutes she was completely defeated by the ethereal beauty.

"Bai Qingqing..

First of all... little female, you have offended me for blocking our way. That's rude.

Second, you asked Winston, my male to accompany you, infront of my face, his female. That's immoral.

When Winston declined, you cried like you were wronged. But actually, you're not.

Tell me. Does my husband have no right to say no to a female he doesn't even know? Forcing him to be with you, and leaving his female he haven't seen for months?

Then your male, Parker, started spouting ugly words towards my Winston mindlessly. Illogically. Stupidly.

You said that Winston should thank you? For what? For forcing him away from his female?

You also said Winston is being difficult? What right do you have to tell him what to do?

Him! A tetra marked beastman! A proud brother of the Tiger King! How dare you embarrass him in front of the Crowd!

I hope we don't cross paths again. If I see you near me or any of my males, I'll take it as provocation.

From now on, I don't want to see you. If you use your pitiful appearance against my family again, I'll take it as a challenge.

The crowd as witness, I Iris, doesn't like you, doesn't like to get to know you, and doesn't like to be your friend. Do not approach me. Ever!

Don't come near me again, or I'll beat you black and blue!"

My heartbeat couldn't calm down even after she left.

I found her!

A female who's clever and logical.

Someone who would stand up for her male, and would defend his honor.

A loving mate who would shower you with love and sincere affection.

I found our clan's future Queen

------------------------------------Author's note:

Author's note:

I just wanna explain Luca clearly before we proceed to the plot.

He's a royal nine tailed snow fox. Their clan was hidden somewhere. They think highly of themselves because they have magical powers like the Ape King.

Have you noticed Winston did not find him when he was peeking, given W is a tetra marked?

His eyes could see through everything too ...oh😈

They also could see evil aura, so Sorry Bai. It's a no for you.

----------------------------------------

Luca has a very complicated character. He's a two-faced cunning fox.

(or maybe four five-faced or more)

He acts approachable and friendly but everything is just an act.

He only shows his true character to the people he trust, so don't get shocked when he suddenly acted like a baby towards Iris, lash out to the crowd, accommodating towards the customers and indifferent towards the family males.

(He's actually a cold-hearted person and very smart)

But don't hate him, it's in his nature.

He'll love Iris sincerely, so don't worry. Him acting like a baby is exclusive only to his female.

I just wish he'll blend well in the family ♥️

Thank you for your time today!
See you next Chapter 💋