Chapter 7 ~ What Followed

It had been 3 weeks since Elsie was diagnosed. She was put on medication and had been seeing a therapist once a week, and continued to see Doctor Scotts every other week. Her therapist was nice. His name was Dylan Smith. He was recomended by Dr. Scotts. He was only a year older than Elsie, so she was alot more comfortable opening up to him. Elsie told him about her mom, how she had to take care of her, and how her dad struggled with depression.

Elsie had been put on medication, but she hadn't noticed any big changes. She was still always tired, having drastic mood changes, and sometimes not thinking straight. The only people who knew she was diagnosed were Lucy, Jackson, and John.

Elsie was sitting criss crossed on her living room floor inside a playpen, playing with Remy. The little fur ball was scurrying arond the pen whist Elsie was taking photos of him as he did so. She laughed and flipped her hair over her shoulder after taking a photo of Remy as he jumped onto her phone.

'Whatcha doing bubs" She smiled as she scooped him off of her phone. He let out a squeak as she jumped out of her hands and back onto the playpens fabric floor. Elsie let out a laugh as she carefully exited the playpen and grabbed a glass of water from the sink.

Elsie leaned against the counter as she got a call from Lucy.

"Hey luce" Elsie said she took a drink of the water

"Hey, I know your most likely sick of me asking you this but I just want to make sure-" Lucy was cutt off by Elsie raising her voice into the phone.

"For the last time lucy! I haven't told Grey or Anderson yet! I'm going to, just give me time!"

Lucy was silent for a moment before she spoke through the phone "I'm sorry Elsie. But you have to at some point" her voice was soft, one of sympathy.

"Well maybe if you would hop off my ass about it I would get around to it" She retorted, feeling angry at one of her best friends.

"Alright then." Lucy huffed "I'll let you get back to your night". Lucy hung up leaving Elsie mad. Why wouldn't  she just drop it. She had been nagging her about it sinse she wad diagnosed. It wasn't that big of a deal, she was going to do it eventually. She was still upset about everything. Her friends has noticed a change. She was acting like a zombie, barely talking to anyone unless she had too, hardly eating or drinking anything exept water.

Elsie lost control. She was just so happy playing with her pet. Now she was resiting the urge to punch a whole in the wall. She picked up the glass cup of water and threw it at the wall. Water and glass hit the wall with a loud crash.

Elsie groaned. She was a hot mess. Noticing that the loud noise scared Remy, she walked over to him and put him back in his cage.

The girl just stared at the mess she made. she rolled her eyes and flicked her wrist in the air before walking to her bedroom to get ready for bed, not even bothering to clean up.

----------------------------------------

Elsie woke up the morning to her alarm blaring. It was 4am. Elsie screamed into her pillow before getting up to start her routine. 

As she walked down  the hall without the light on she failed to remeber the glass shards scattered around the floor. Elsie didn't notice the large triangle shapped shard angled resting upwards until it was deep into her foot.

"Fuck!" She yelped as the limped to the kitchen sink, resting her foot inside, allowing the cold water to wash away the blood running down her foot.  Fighting back tear, she slowly pulled of the peice of glass. Surprisingly, it looks exactly like it does in the movies. Elsie reached down into the cabinet under the sink and pulled out a first aid kit.