Jealousy

-Pete-

Narim glances over her, and frowns in concern. "You're injured."

Sam barely makes a nod as she takes a shaky step towards him. "Zar wanted information." She makes another step, and then stops, giving him a look I can't identify.

Narim seems to know. "I am not Goa'uld, nor ever host to one. A couple Tok'ra have been captured here as well. When one was injured, and the host dying, I volunteered to be the next host." He seems to hesitate before continuing. "We have been worried about you."

I don't like the way he said that.

"We?" she responds. "I know this Tok'ra?" She looks worried.

Narim nods, and as his head come back up his eyes flash. I step closer to Sam. I'm not entirely sure who these Tok'ra are, but the last time I saw anyone with flashing eyes, it wasn't good.

Narim's voice gets a whole lot deeper. "Hello Samantha. I am happy to see you again, but not under these circumstances."

Sam frowned slightly, and I wonder if she is trying to identify this Tok'ra.

He continues, "You are injured. You should be resting."

Then her face shows disbelief. "Lantash?"

He hesitated for a millisecond. "Yes." He comes over to her, and puts an arm around her to support her for walking. "Come, both of you."

I help support her on the other side, or try at least. This Narim...Lantash, whoever he is, seems to be a lot stronger than he looks. It's a fairly short walk, and we go into a room with a ragged blanket for a door.

As Narim/Lantash set Sam down on what appears to be rags, I notice another man watching us. Lantash, I believe it's Lantash, starts checking Sam's injuries as I had before. I kneel nearby, but not where I'd get in the way. "Who are you?" he asked, and I realize he is talking to me.

"That's Pete," she answers, and I wish she said something more, like that we were engaged, or at least we were a couple. I feel a tinge of jealously as he, not I, is the one taking care of her injuries. It wasn't just that though. I saw the way Narim looked at her. I see the way Lantash is looking at her now. They like her, I mean they really like her.

It brings memories of her telling me that her previous boyfriends had died. Is this them, now combined into one man?

"What happened to Elliot?" she asks. "How long ago did he die?"

Lantash doesn't answer right away. "His mind died over a year ago, but his body died a few weeks ago." At her look, he continues, "We had been tortured for information as well...Elliot's mind was lost. I did my best to help him, but I failed."

Sam becomes saddened.

"You should rest," Lantash says as he puts a make-shift sprint on her arm. "I'll tell you everything afterwards."

She is tired, and falls asleep as he helps lay her down.

I feel jealous, but he knows more about what is going on than I do, and what injuries she might have. However, I decide it's time we speak, and he learns who I am. "Lantash."

He looks to me.

"Can you explain who's who with you?"

"I am Lantash the symbiote. Narim is the host. We are both curious to who you are."

Good. "Pete. Sam's fiancé."

"What is a fiancé?"

"It means we are engaged." I quickly realize by his look, that he doesn't know the meaning of that either. "We are going to be married."