Moving to Forks

People say that love is an open book, having the surprise to open it to a page that will make you have a feeling of never wanting to stop; the story that I am going to tell is about how my life changed for the bad and good, I was captivated by the looks of a particular doctor not knowing his story and his life before it.

The story begins while I am sitting in the back of my father's car. My sister Bella or Isabella (we call her Bella because she prefers it), and I am going to live with Dad even though I am old enough to live by myself. I am 22 years old. Still, Mum thought it would be better to live with Dad to save money, which makes a fair point. I look down at my book, and I stopped on the part where Romeo dies for his true love, Juliet, which is beautiful; I always thought that if you loved someone so much, you would risk your life as they do in the books, but so many break ups told me that it isn't true which makes me roll my eyes and look out the window seeing the trees that are tall and green which makes a small smile fall on my pink lips because I love the smell of pine and the feeling of soil under my feet I missed the times being here with the family which makes me look down thinking it will never be like that again because mum is together with another guy and dad is still heartbroken over mum leaving.

 I look down at my book, and I stopped on the part where Romeo dies for his true love, Juliet, which is beautiful; I always thought that if you loved someone so much, you would risk your life as they do in the books, but so many break ups told me ...

We arrive at the house that looks the same as when I was small. Bella was 5, and I was 7 when we left this place; it's a little sad that this place never changes. I get out, and Dad hands me the keys while I hold a box under my arm; I open the door while Bella and Dad walk in. I roll my eyes. "No, thank you, Abby", I yell to them, "thanks sis", my sister answers when she is at the stairs, which makes me sigh with happiness because this is what I wanted to grow up with a family who had little moments such as these. I go in after them to my room, which is downstairs near the front door. It looks the same as when I was a small girl, but there is a desk, a double bed and a plant, which makes me sigh because there isn't enough green outside to have some inside; I then sit next to my sheets that are on the bed with them light blue like the ocean when it is still, I then look around the room thinking that I use to spend so much time in here, either drawing or reading I never had many friends around me because I was a loner. I pick up the pillow that is lying on the bed to hug it as I sit there feeling sad about my childhood, but now that I am an adult, I do find my passion in helping sick kids at the hospital as a doctor. Their smiling faces are always the best cure for my loneliness.

I glut when there is a knock at my door; I look up at Dad and smile happily

I glut when there is a knock at my door; I look up at Dad and smile happily. "Is something up, Dad?" I ask him with a tilt of my head; he looks around my room while he is leaning on the door frame. He hasn't changed since I was a little girl, always making sure that I am ok and then letting me figure it out on my own, "the Blacks are here," he answers me, which makes me smile because when I was small, I used to make sandwiches for dad and Billy for their fishing trips while Jacob and Bella played outside those were good memories to stay in. I look at dad, seeing him gone, making me roll my eyes and exit the room, closing the door behind me. I go over to the front door that I open where Bella, Jacob, Billy and Dad are standing next to a truck.

They look over at me, making me smile as I walk up to them and hold out my hand, shaking Billy's hand. "Hey Billy", I say happily to him; he smiles intently at the greeting that I am giving him. "Abigail, you have grown so much," he says to me with a grin on his face, which makes me smile a little at him, and then I turn my eyes to Jacob, who still has the long hair like when we were kids, "looking good, goldilocks," I say to him with a smirk placed on my features, he then smiles on the little thing I called him when we were little, "hello sandwich queen" he answers me which makes me bow my head a little to him, everyone laughs at us understanding that when we were small I use to make sandwiches for everyone in the neighbourhood when people were outside and when dad and Billy were fishing which placed the title of the sandwich queen into my hands which is kinder thrilling in some senses and silly in others.

After they are gone, I notice that dad doesn't have any food in the bloody fridge, which means we are eating out on our first night here. Yay for us; I sit by my sister reading Romeo and Juliet intently because I love this part where the parents find their children dead, and they settle the feud between each other. I finish the book when the meal comes, which is the salad for myself because I am not into burgers or fries. They taste weird to the taste buds. After having dinner, we all go back home. I sit in my room reading Hamlet because I love Shakespeare. He gives my life meaning and understanding into dating men; that is why I don't do well with men or guys, for that matter, because I refer to Shakespeare; I wonder if I can change that somehow. My window then blows open, which makes me jump out of my skin at the sudden action; I look over at the window to see golden eyes staring at me. There seemed to be a figure in my room, but when I blinked, they were gone, and the window was closed, which made me blink a few times because that was a bit weird. Who has golden eyes at this time? I look over at my pile of books noticing Dracula is missing, but I swore I packed that book. This is impossible. How can it vanish like that? I then close my eyes and think it's time for bed. Abby, I got into bed. I looked around my room to see no one in the corners watching from the darkness, so I turned off my light, drifting into a peaceful sleep.

Edited: 19/1/24